Bad Guy Baseball beardies, Mac Watkins, xarmour@gmail.com - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #41
Craigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballBeardies View Post
As said a long time ago i purchsed many dragons from this guy who got them from Boodbank.

As Dennis pointed out no you didn’t you said

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmonkey22 View Post
I purchased her for 1000 dollars at bloodbank she is from the purple translucents and has a full purple under her tail and beard.
To me that is a misrepresenting or did you not write that in the email ?

Old 06-16-2010, 11:18 PM   #42
Dennis Hultman
Scott, well considering you plain on keeping the dragon anyway, I guess that's about it for this transaction. The information is here for anyone looking to do trades with the parties involved can digest. I can see from his statements that
Quote:
This girl is a hypo translucent leather female at 2 months and 6". Has real nice yellows and green with blue bars. I purchased her for 1000 dollars at bloodbank she is from the purple translucents and has a full purple under her tail and beard
he was sure what he was trading you. Even if you didn't understand the issue with this sand.

The trade had many little bumps and some worry on both sides.
I think even after you suggested that he painted the lizard you both handled yourself civilly for the most part considering the conversation and the problems that came about on both ends. I can see where you thought you were getting a purple dragon, after seeing the pictures not knowing.

I can see how one might miss this on both sides but I would think the seller might mention that the dragon is stained when he sent the photos. I know I would mention it if I was selling any normal or morph snake or any other animal and it's appearance was altered in anyway. Wouldn't anybody?

But I think the biggest thing that I would have trouble with is that I was told what the animal was for sure, and where it came from.

To later be told that you don't even know the person's name you received them from and unsure of most of what was stated as fact before the transaction is just wrong. The "is" and purchased "at" and "she is from" in bold in the quote above was later replaced with

Quote:
I really wish i knew his name but it doesnt ring a bell.
He told me that they were from bloodbank dragons,
i cant assure this but she looks to be partial hypo and she is really trans. When i sent her to you she was in full back shed and i dont know what she is in know.

So in the end, you jumped the gun on painting, he should have been more clear about the photo's and where the animal came from.

And on a personal note, I think you both did a disservice to the animals by using the post office.

Good Luck to you both.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #43
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballBeardies View Post
As said a long time ago i purchsed many dragons from this guy who got them from Boodbank.
You didn't state that until after he told you he was in contact with Barry and you didn't purchase the animal from him.
Quote:

Scott and Katie Bodeau <skbodeau@gmail.com> Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 9:42 PM
To: Mac Watkins <xarmour@gmail.com>
Mr. Watkins (a.k.a the "Artist")
Wow i can't believe you actually painted a dragon purple. I think i actually have that same paint color to mark my dragons, orchid splash right? I know your going to deny it and there is really nothing we can do about it now. She is not a leather back and i am not thinking she is hypo either. I have been in contact with Barry from Bloodbank Dragons and he said that he did sell you a lizard but it was not a purple and he has not even created a purple hypo trans leather. So i am asking you to do three things, first take care of bowser this tells me about your character and i am a little worried for him, second at least tell me what she is if you even know, and last don't lie to anybody else or paint anymore lizards.
Sincerely, Scott

But seriously take care of Bowser.
Scott and Katie Bodeau <skbodeau@gmail.com> Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 9:43 PM
You then told him you purchased from someone else.

Quote:
Mac Watkins <xarmour@gmail.com> Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:27 PM
To: Scott and Katie Bodeau <skbodeau@gmail.com>
Seriously she is a hypo trans but the guy i got her from said she was from bloodbank and was a hypo trans leather.
[quote]

Mac Watkins <xarmour@gmail.com> Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:37 AM
To: Scott And Katie Bodeah <skbodeau@gmail.com>
Well i purchased her and another dragon from the same guy at a repticon show in columbia. I really wish i knew his name but it doesnt ring a bell. He was at a booth near the bathrooms with boa phile cages be hind him and bearded dragons of different sizes in tubs then to the left were alot of leopard geckos maybe 300. He told me that they were from bloodbank dragons, i cant assure this but she looks to be partial hypo and she is really trans. When i sent her to you she was in full back shed and i dont know what she is in know. Seriously it almost offends me personaly telling me i painted her with purple so her are some pics of the purple sand i use. It is purple calsium sand purchased from petsmart (bowser is going to be on white sand) and as seen in the pictures is what i use.
[Quoted text hidden]

Old 06-17-2010, 12:13 AM   #44
earthmonkey22
And on a personal note, I think you both did a disservice to the animals by using the post office.

We did drive over an hour to pick ours up, so she was only in the mail from June 14, 2010, 4:16 pm to June 15, 2010, 10:53 am so a total of 18 1/2 hours..which is less than we've had FedEx or UPS deliver to us.. and I drove in again (another hour plus) to the same post office that is right next to the main plant minutes before pick up, so he was only in his box from June 15, 2010, 4:16 pm to June 16, 2010, 11:24 am.. a total of 19 1/4 hrs.. so we did the best we could on both of our ends including mac!! but- we are gonna find out what we need to do to get the breeding/ shipping license.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!