Bad Guy BaseballBeardies AkA Mac Watkins - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:27 AM   #1
DiamondDen
BaseballBeardies AkA Mac Watkins

Hello all,

I had Mac contact me late last night asking if i would do a trade, He wanted to trade me a 7" hypotrans leather female for a italian silkback bearded dragon. Well later that night I got a phone call from Tom Clark witch happens to be the breeder of this dragon(the hypotrans leather female) and he told me that baseballbeardies contacted him about about this dragon he had purchased a little over a month ago was having issues ( He said Neuro problems) and tryed to blame it on the cold temp during shipping, he had contacted him once before this about this same female having problems, now i have no problem with him contacting Tom over and issues the female might have had, but my issues are that he messaged me asking to trade a dragon he knew was unheatlhy the same night he contacted tom asking for a replacment because she has health issues, i Have included our pm's email's and the photos he sent, it may take a few post's though... I feel like this guy was trying to f**k me and get more out of Tom at the same time because his care was not adequate to keep it healthy. He even said himself he doesn't handle his dragons often. I have a decent amount of dragons and they get handled every day.

I'm sure tom will post his emails soon to show the rest of this scam.

Link to Tom Clarks Dragon he had available, http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=214715

Corky Jordan.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2011, 02:30 AM   #2
DiamondDen
Here's more emails
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2011, 02:31 AM   #3
dragonluver83
All most like I was waiting on this...

I hope this helps. This is what me and Mac went back in forth with. You can get a pretty good idea of Mac's intentions after reading Corky's e-mails then reading my E-mails. Please keep in mind. Mac was working two deals at the same time on this dragon. He wanted me to replace it, while hes trying to trade it to Corky. While he thinks this animal has a problem...

Again I have stated this multiple times thoughout multiple threads. Why would you want another dragon from a breeder if you think he sent you something with a problem? Most people who felt they were wrongly done ask for a cash money refund. I guess I am the lucky one. how many other breeders have customers that rather have replacement for animals with issues, than get your money back!!!

Okay with a quick guide though my e-mails.

My e-mails were in Blue

Mac's e-mails is in Red

Black and bold is me narrating what is going on.As you know please ask any Q's. I will be more than happy to answer anything.

Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:07:38 -0600
To: Tom Clarke<360player@live.com>
Subject: Re: Red HYPO "Partial Translucent" Leatherback. 6 + inches . Female. $275.00 Plus shipping

She has arrived what a beauty. She scared the crap out of me at first becuase I thought she was a DOA. I put her in the warmth and after about 15 minutes she opened her eyes and stood up. I highly recommend you put another one closer to the heart pack. I will post a good guy thread sometime. Thankyou.

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:00 PM, <360player@live.com> wrote:

Hey Mac glad you got her an like her.
Actually I have tested it last winter with a thermostat an the same setup as what I sent you. An the box was at or around 70. Thank you for informing me of that, though. Maybe I need to do a re-test. Was the heat pack still warm? Thanks for the info. Any Q's please contact me!
Tom Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

The below e-mail is TEN days after he got her and she settled in. It was him letting me know he posted a good guy thread about me. 10 days after she arrived. Pretty sure this was to make sure she settled in

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 19:04:18 -0600

Subject: Re: Red HYPO "Partial Translucent" Leatherback. 6 + inches . Female.$275.00 Plus shipping
To: 360player@live.com

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...69#post1168669

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 00:22:16 -0500

Subject: Re: Red HYPO "Partial Translucent" Leatherback. 6 + inches . Female.$275.00 Plus shipping

On 12/7 I received a Hypo partial Trans leather. I payed $290 on her. I remember telling you that she was not functioning when I got her. After I got her under heat she woke back up. This dragon did good but now I am sure it caused a neurological problem. I am asking for a trade kind of. If you want I will give you a video of her showing the way she acts. I read your guarentee and found out that I am like 4-5 days short of contacting you. I really hope you arent going to hold me up to those 5 days. I was thinking that we could get the problem worked out and I will do what you gaurentee to trade for a lower amount then what I payed for male. Tell me what you think?

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Tom Clarke <360player@live.com> wrote:

Hey Mac,

Sorry to hear about problems. I guess lets start with sending me that video.

Thanks,
Tom

At the time of this e-mail, i have already been in touch with Corky about him trying to trade him this animal, while he is trying to tell me it has Neurological problems. I wanted to play it out alittle to see where it goes.

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:56:47 -0500

I am not 100 % sure though. Sometimes she acts strange and sometimes she doesnt. I will try to get a video out back to you. Even if she was damaged what would I get in return?

On Jan 12, 2011, at 6:52 PM, Tom Clarke <360player@live.com> wrote:

Mac,

I dont understand.. You have told me about a "neurological" problem. But havent told me whats going on. Again with "she acts strange and sometimes she doesnt?" Why dont you tell me whats going on instead of making a diagnosis. That video may help also. Do you have a video of her doing it? Can you please send it to me?

Also you said neurological problems. If your talking about her shaking maybe? then not being to active? If this is the problem your feeding her to big of insects. She is having seizures, then partial paralysis. Your feeding her the wrong size insect.

"If she is damaged?" The only thing I sell that you could consider "damaged", are dragons with nips. I havent and do not have neuro. problems. If there was some kind of neuro prob. It would have showed up right away. not 35 days after receiving her. Unless dropped or something fell on her?

I want to see the video before I make any decision. The fact that you bought the dragon then posted a gg. thread about me 10 days after she settled in. Then 35 days after shipment, you make FIRST contact with a problem. You have been around long enough to know if there is a problem to contact the seller right away.

Thanks for your time and please try and get me that video!
Tom

As I got into detail about the situation, I remained calm, pretty sure this guy was just trying to get something out of me, and or rip of Corky.

Now at this time before the next e-mail Corky has told him he was interested. (we were trying to get pic out of him to prove it was the same dragon.) He hit me back with this e-mail.

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Mac Watkins <xarmour@gmail.com> wrote:

Listen I am just going to keep her. The problem was that it was to cold because it snowed. Since then I lowered the heat lamps in the cage and she is doing well. My bad, my problem sorry for the confusion she is now acting normal again.

I didnt even have a chance to respond to this e-mail. and I was hit with another one. It was AFTER Corky told him he didnt want the dragon. He then sent this e-mail.

I got this e-mail at 1:23 a.m.

Wait she is acting weird again. Sorry for the confusion. I will get the video out tommorow. Hopefully around noon.

So now after Corky told him he didnt want it, he came back to me and wanted to get something out of it, again. After it was fine.

Anyone see whats going on here???

Mac you seem to be a hell of a guy. You tell me a dragon has problems 35 days after shipment. then you try and trade it to another breeder!!! Then when he tells you he dont want it. You then tell him you think it has a problem and you contact me back, again. To see what I will now do for you, again.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:31 AM   #4
DiamondDen
Last picture.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2011, 02:46 AM   #5
DiamondDen
I only made this thread to make buyer's and sellers aware of what he is doing so no one else gets put in this situation.

Corky Jordan

Old 01-13-2011, 05:22 AM   #6
PAVLOVK1025
Now thats a mother[loving] BOI post.
Beautifully organized.

Mac...integrity phailz dude. What else can be said right?

Just...damn.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 AM   #7
Matt2979
Mac, that's just downright despicable and underhanded. And that doesn't even start to address your obvious lack of husbandry. FEED that poor little dragon and get some calcium in her!!!! If you hardly handle your dragons, how do you give them a bath??? I know that mine refuse to drink from a water bowl so the only water they drink is when they are in a bath (at least twice a week) and when I spray them (2-3 times/day). Yours looks very dehydrated. Rather than trade her, maybe you should just hand her over to someone that will actually give her what she needs!

Old 01-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
Kristi23
He wanted to do a trade with me yesterday, too. (for a snake) I'm really glad that I didn't do it. I would hate to see how my leopard gecko would have been after a month with him.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #9
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
He wanted to do a trade with me yesterday, too. (for a snake) I'm really glad that I didn't do it. I would hate to see how my leopard gecko would have been after a month with him.
Its pretty sad, He sent a video of the dragon walking, and its so sad. I dont know it got in that bad of shape. It took time to wear this dragon down to the way it looks and acts now.

I would like to know why he hasnt come here to answer anything. He has been told about this thread by a few ppl. An has been sending me e-mails about the dragon. But dodges this thread.

I have looked up his past he has a few gg threads. But a disturbing B.G. thread. He tried to sell a purple hypo trans that was dyed purple from repti sand. .. Didnt get to read it all just enough to know the purple came off with the dragons shed.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #10
DiamondDen
Quote:
Mac, that's just downright despicable and underhanded. And that doesn't even start to address your obvious lack of husbandry. FEED that poor little dragon and get some calcium in her!!!! If you hardly handle your dragons, how do you give them a bath??? I know that mine refuse to drink from a water bowl so the only water they drink is when they are in a bath (at least twice a week) and when I spray them (2-3 times/day). Yours looks very dehydrated. Rather than trade her, maybe you should just hand her over to someone that will actually give her what she needs!
I agree 100% Matt, He should really put some time into his animals and get them doing better. She is really dehydrated, skinny (you can see her rib's in some of the photo's and bones in tailbase) and he said it was because he didn't feed her that day yet anyone who knows about dragons knows that it takes days of not feeding and no baths to get a dragon that dehydrated and skinny. And like you said he should hand it over to someone who will give the animal the time it need instead of letting it get sicker and die off with time.

Quote:
I agree i would of hated to get that dragon and see how my silkie would have turned out it takes allot of time and care to hve them if you mess up just the slightest bit it's downhill from there, He probable would have tried to get me to replace it to as it would of been his fault.

He also just sent me this message via e-mail,

My last message,

I know you where trying to trade me a unhealthy dragon, and trying to get tom to replace it at the same time, and then when you thought I was going to do the trade, you where telling tom that she seemed fine, and then when I said I would pass you told him she was still having the problems, that is pretty bad of you if the dragon had problems and you try to trade her off to someone else for a healthy dragon (especially a person who knows there stuff). There is a bad guy about this.

His message,

That's why I am not trading her with you. I really was not trying to rip you off. I wasn't sure what it was. By no means am I dragon expert like you and Tom are

He was going to trade it to me untill i said i would pass then when i told him he was in the wrong he tried to make it sound a little better with the whole i am not trading her with you and i really wasn't trying to rip you off

(YES YOU WERE YOU WERE TELLING TOM IT WAS SICK WHILE ASKING ME TO TRADE THATS TRYING TO RIP ME OFF IS IT NOT???) You would have went threw with the trade if i didn't say i would pass.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!