Bad Guy BaseballBeardies AkA Mac Watkins - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
DiamondDen
And OMG Tom sent me the video of it it's so sad I feel so bad for the beardie.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #12
laterob
So, Corky...do you think the animal is malnourished/dehydrated? Why didn't the OP just ask someone for help and advice? Seems shi&*y to me that someone would pay so much for something they don't know how to take care of, then not get any help, then try to trade it away before it dies.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #13
DiamondDen
Hi Rob,

I do think this female hypotrans leather was malnourished/dehydrated, Her eye lids are sunk in witch means she's not getting enough water/IS dehydrated and with how skinny it is it looks like he feeds it once a day if it's lucky or has parasites and need to be treated with albon and panacur and then some acidophiliz to help it recover. I know if i paid $290 for a dragon i would care for it the proper way(right uvb light, heat spot and temp right, keep it in a 56q bin with paper towel on the bottom and clean it every day or after everytime it use's the bathroom if being treated, and so on) Or ask someone with experience to help.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #14
DiamondDen
And with how the dragon looks in the video it seems like he droped it and it hit the floor pretty hard, looks like she had a traumatic experience or isn't getting the right supplements she needs.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #15
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
So, Corky...do you think the animal is malnourished/dehydrated? Why didn't the OP just ask someone for help and advice? Seems shi&*y to me that someone would pay so much for something they don't know how to take care of, then not get any help, then try to trade it away before it dies.
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 18:54:21 -0500

Subject: Re: Red HYPO "Partial Translucent" Leatherback. 6 + inches . Female.$275.00 Plus shipping
To: 360player@live.com

It try to feed her but she will not eat. I have tryed everything. Gave her crickets, a bunch of types of worms, different veggies. I am currently giving her a bath almost everday. Today she drank twice in the bath. I have no idea why you are acting like this, though. I recieved the dragon and the bones were showing in her back. Look in the pictures you can see the bones in her back. When I got her she wasnt even functioning nor moving. I also dont know why you are accusing me of doing this with steven, nicole, or what some people call sticole. I dont even know them. I only bought a dragon from them because I liked it ,the same case with you. I posted a good guy thread because my purchase with him was good. I was trying to trade this dragon with corky that way I could get a Silk. Then I started to take in consideration that there is something wrong with this dragon. I in no way am going to trade this with anyone right now till it gets to full health. I by no means am trying to chose sides with Mythical Dragons I just want help. You have the right to not take the dragon back thats why I asked. Now you think that I tryed to scam someone so you take your words back. Just help me? All I truthfully want is this female to be healthy. What do I need to do to fix her back to health?

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Tom Clarke <360player@live.com> wrote:

When was the last time she ate? Please send me a picture of the cage setup.

I have looked at the difference in both sets of pics. You can tell a difference in this dragons appearance from when I posted the ad, and now. Also others can see this. So its not just me.

When you got her she was in a dark cooler box. Dragons are not active when its dark. Dragons are also not active or slower moving when cooler. The fact that she came out of the box and wasnt active for the first 15 minutes. Is not a big deal.

You were trying to trade this dragon to Corky. What do you think would of happened when he got that animal and it was acting like that?

My words were also no deeper than send me the video and we will go from there. Like i have posted and said to others. I would have given you another dragon. double het leather with no guarantee. But the fact that you tried to pull as fast one, really upsets me. You do know me, and or have read my post in the boi section. I dont take lightly to other who try to f$%* others.

What do you want me to say. I have no clue what the hell is going on over there. I havent been with that dragon. An I never seen this before.

is the dragon eating at all? if so how much and when? What are the temps in your cage. You will need to give it calcium boost. and eating is a big deal. So send me back the dragons diet. Go to the discussion forum on fauna and read the threads that say calcium boost, and a thread that says somthing with MBD in the title. inside that thread it explains how to give them calcium boost. easier to send you there then to re-type it all.

This is only a start. I dont know how to fix a problem i have never encountered before??? If something else occurred with this dragon now would be a good time to tell me so i can try to properly trouble shoot this.

I will do what I can to try and trouble shoot this. But I dont know whats wrong. I am only doing this for my animal. As I dont want to be friendly with you at this point!!

Tom

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 20:27:32 -0500

Subject: Re: Red HYPO "Partial Translucent" Leatherback. 6 + inches . Female.$275.00 Plus shipping
To: 360player@live.com

Right now if we were trading I honestly wouldnt have done it. Awhile back sure I would have done the trade. I didnt know. I dont know signs of a sick dragon or a hungry dragon. I just feed them, give them water and do what I do know about them. Well she is sharing a cage with another dragon. It is a 24' long x 12" deep x 15" high. There is a log as a basking spot. She has a uvb light and a basking light. She has water and currently collard greens with calcium on it. I use the calcium from Flukers with the vitamin D3. The last time she ate pyshically before my eyes was about 2 days ago. Nothing major except I feed her to many mealworms the a week ago, and she ate all of them but then later puked some up. Right now she hasn't eaten for me in the last two days so no she isn't eating. I am about to look up the calcium boost on Fauna. Currently the hot side is 105 degrees and the cool side 79 degrees. This week I am feeding mealworms, waxworms, crickets, collards, and turnips

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Tom Clarke <360player@live.com> wrote:

how big is its cage mate?

How long has it been with a cage mate? This is fine, he is use to animals

Whos the other dragon from?

Is she more on the cool side or the hot side? or the same as when she came in?

corrections on husbandry and care:

*you should have a rock in there also as it gathers and holds heat way better than any stick.

* paper up the sides and back of the tank.

* feeding schedule here is as follows. chopped greens and what not at the beginning of the day. Then a round of insects a few hrs after there lights are turned on. This feeding can consist of any insect.( BUT you have to limit what you feed them, as they WILL over eat. and regurgitate. If to much is eaten it will have seizures and than be paralyzed for a short period of time. Sometimes this causes death.) about a hlaf of dozen or a few more than that should be good. Than a few hrs before the lights go out, give him/her another round. Remember make sure the dragon has plenty of light time left to make sure the recently eat bugs gets digested.

*BUT you have a dragon that doesnt want to eat. you have to build its appetite back up. So dont offer her food for awhile maybe even a whole day just put fresh greens in her tank. then the following day throw ONE cricket in there. see if she chases it down. If she does only give her one or two more. The last thing you want to do is feed her till she is full. Keep her hungry. If you keep her hungry she will keep a appetite and then hopefully it will be a good start to a recovery. PLEASE read that calcium thread. I know she is lacking calcium. BIG TIME. so tend to it. you can give calcium in smaller doses three times a day for the next few days then once a day for the next solid month. I know this will help but I dont know about a full recovery. Like i said I never dealt with this before.

*also until she is better she should be housed on her own.

Get to work on this asap. as she can still die from this issue. or never fully recover.

Above in bold, I didnt want this to go un-noticed. This dragon was housed with another dragon. THIS IS NOT OKAY!!! There was no quarantine practices here at all!!!! This animal was thrown in with another animal and wait till you hear the rest of it!

It has been with it's cage mate since the day I got her. The other dragon is 8 1/2" and she is 7 1/2". The other dragon is from your favorite, Mythical Dragons. She stays on the hot end alot. When she came in thats what she did but now she gets closer to the heat lamp. I will do all of this tommorow . Thanks for the help. Also I attached a picture because she looks so fat and hasn't eaten in awhile. You know what that is?

Yup, Thats right. He didnt quarantine either dragon. One of the dragons he purchased is from a breeder that has many problems. An the red h.t. leather dragon is housed with another dragon that is a good size larger than the one from me. Everyone knows, larger babies step over the little ones to gobble up all the food. They also can become very dominate.

He asked for help, so as much as i dont like helping ppl like this, I am going to. I dont want to see the dragon die. Even though its pretty bad. I seen a video I wish I knew how to post it.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #16
laterob
Sorry, Tom.....I forgot for a second the beardie came from you. I give you major props for still trying to take care of the animal. The OP has done wrong in many ways...

Old 01-13-2011, 11:42 PM   #17
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
Sorry, Tom.....I forgot for a second the beardie came from you. I give you major props for still trying to take care of the animal. The OP has done wrong in many ways...
Well im the only one that is in touch with Mac. I am trying to trouble shoot this problem.

The OP isnt the B.G. Diamond den is the OP. I am assisting them because this IS my dragon, AND Mac was e-mailing me about problems with this dragon. Wanting another dragon. At the same time he is trying to trade this animal with a serious problem.

So Diamond would have gotten screwed, By mac. And I would have sent him another animal to make my customer satisfied. But in the end the only thing Mac is getting is a lesson on how to care for his sick beardie. If he is going to care for it properly. I am going to do my best to help. THEN, ties will be broke and my do not sell list will get one more name on it.

Thanks for the kudos.

Tom

Old 01-14-2011, 03:19 AM   #18
DiamondDen
Hey Tom here's the video for you I think it was much more clear before i put it in photobucket notice how it's falling side to side

Old 01-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #19
BreedersCircle
Pretty funny,
Mac tried to trade this same dragon to me for one of my red females.
When I said she looked a little skinny he said she had threw up her worms because he gave her too many... and that she would be just fine.
That was already a flag for me.
I dont understand why somebody would try to trade of a dragon with problems like it wont get back to them?

Old 01-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #20
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreedersCircle View Post
Pretty funny,
Mac tried to trade this same dragon to me for one of my red females.
When I said she looked a little skinny he said she had threw up her worms because he gave her too many... and that she would be just fine.
That was already a flag for me.
I dont understand why somebody would try to trade of a dragon with problems like it wont get back to them?
THIS is what was running through my head. How many other people is he trying to trade this sick beardie too? Sorry Jon, I usually drop you a line when something like this is going on, but i though i had in somewhat contained between him telling me something was wrong. And me and Corky working on pictured proof.

I guess some people dont think about breeders contacting and talking to each other.... It happens a lot more than most people know. Most breeders converse and contact each other on a semi regular basis. So word travels faster than a problem to be solved. From the guy/gal that breeders 10 clutches a year. To the guys/gals that produce thousands of eggs a year. We ALL talk. As Mac found out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!