Bad Guy BaseballBeardies AkA Mac Watkins - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #21
kyryah
Outside of the absolute lack of ethics by this guy - Poor baby beardie. That is incredibly sad.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #22
BreedersCircle
What Mac did doesnt make any sense. With these type of tactics only god knows if there was anything wrong with this bearded dragon from the beggining?
One thing i do know though is that Tom always takes care of any problem that arises the ethical way. Hundreds of bearded dragons to count in our deals over the last couple years

Old 01-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #23
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyryah View Post
Outside of the absolute lack of ethics by this guy - Poor baby beardie. That is incredibly sad.
No kidding, how do you think I feel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreedersCircle View Post
What Mac did doesnt make any sense. With these type of tactics only god knows if there was anything wrong with this bearded dragon from the beggining?
You can see from the pics in the ad and pics after 30 days. That this animal wasnt cared for right. What kills me is, how long does it take for you to decide that your husbandry skills need some help. ALL Mac had to do is say something. This b.d. could of been helped way before it got to this.
I seen his setup, It wasnt dirty. Atleast in the pics it wasnt. But who would send dirty pics.

There two main problems were it was in with a larger dragon. And he was feeding it the wrong size feeders and it was regurgitating its food. That would explain the dehydration also. How long was he doing this for??? He didnt mention this until I told him that this was happening. Then he was like "yea she did throw up worms." (it was posted in this thread somewhere)

Plus he didnt quarantine this animal that he just bought from me with a animal that he bought from mythical dragon a.k.a. howlin gale dragon. (the larger dragon he bought).

Old 01-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #24
laterob
Quote:
What Mac did doesnt make any sense.
This is what I keep trying to figure out. He's been here over a year, made lots of posts....spent a lot of $$ on a beardie (or two). It seems odd.

Granted, Mac is a skuzzball for trying to unload an unhealthy animal while he still could and for not asking for help sooner and for other things. Also granted that Corky and Tom are great guys and Tom is going out of his way to help, even though he has no obligation to.

I am wondering if, perhaps, this poor beardie was knocked around in shipping or if Mac dropped it pretty early on, causing the problems we see now. I mean, we have a beardie too. Even with being in a tank with a larger dragon, this one would have had to get some food, no? And even though the feeders were too big (crickets?), it seems like Mac tried to feed it worms, too. I mean, it looks like that thing hasn't eaten in weeks and weeks.

Maybe Mac will come clean....I mean it's not like the guy just signed up last week. Maybe he fell on his head?

Old 01-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #25
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
This is what I keep trying to figure out. He's been here over a year, made lots of posts....spent a lot of $$ on a beardie (or two). It seems odd.

Granted, Mac is a skuzzball for trying to unload an unhealthy animal while he still could and for not asking for help sooner and for other things. Also granted that Corky and Tom are great guys and Tom is going out of his way to help, even though he has no obligation to.

I am wondering if, perhaps, this poor beardie was knocked around in shipping or if Mac dropped it pretty early on, causing the problems we see now. I mean, we have a beardie too. Even with being in a tank with a larger dragon, this one would have had to get some food, no? And even though the feeders were too big (crickets?), it seems like Mac tried to feed it worms, too. I mean, it looks like that thing hasn't eaten in weeks and weeks.

Maybe Mac will come clean....I mean it's not like the guy just signed up last week. Maybe he fell on his head?
Man it gets better.

He tried to trade this animal to TWO other people. KNOWING it had a issue. Because he was in CONTACT with me about it. I cant believe it. An he wanted me to send him another animal!

Well that would have been a different story if it had a problem during shipping. Or even if he dropped it when it came in.

FACT is, he didnt contact me about a problem until 35 days after arrival. Like you said Mac has been on fauna long enough to know if there is a problem, contact the breeder right away. Alot of time was spent else where for this beardie to look and act like this.

He tried to blame this on shipping. But then he started talking about this and that. Well this and that turned into improper husbandry, and feeding. Besides 35 days later an your going to blame it on shipping?

YES a dragon may NOT eat at all if another dragon is in the tank and is larger or more dominate. It wont be the fact that it cant get a few crickets. Its the fact that this animal is stressed and DOESNT want to eat. Until it feels safe!

Old 01-14-2011, 11:07 PM   #26
MythicalDragonz
First off We'd like to say there is no reason for you to sit there and try to make a joke out of our name. The dragon Mac got from us is beautiful and healthy. We have had no complaints from him what so ever. Mac was a good buyer and was very nice to work with. He seemed to know what he was talking about. We were unaware that he was housing the dragon he got from us with another one. He informed us the male was going to be kept in his own tank. As far as what is going on now, that is very concerning. We have asked Mac to send us pictures of the dragon he got from us. I can only hope he did not let it get to the same awful condition as the dragon he bought from Tom Clarke.

Mac attempted to trade the sick dragon to us. We are not looking for trades and that was the last we herd of it until we were notified of this thread.

Below is the Private Message Mac sent us and my reply after being notified of this thread. We will have no further part in this, other than to post these two Private Messages.

Quote:
BaseballBeardies
01-12-2011
11:21 PM

Not sure. Do you do trades? I have a female Hypo translucent leatherback. She has some killer red colors with a little blue bars. She is just shy of 8". Not sure but thought I would offer it. If interested I can send pictures via email? Will ship and pay both ways for shipping?

MythicalDragonz
Contributing Member
01-14-2011
01:57 AM

Mac,
I am going to ask this as nicely as I can. Please do NOT use our name in emails to other people unless you are recommending us. I have been alerted to your BOI and our name on it because of you telling Tom you got a dragon from us. You said yourself that he is gorgeous and growing fast. You should not have put the dragon from Tom Clarke in the tank with the dragon from us. I am not saying Tom's dragons are sick but you have to quarantine all dragons you get in, regardless of who the dragon came from. We quarantine dragons for a minimum of one month after they arrive in that time period they get one fecal exam a week. We have four forty gallon breeder tanks set up just for this as Glass is easier to sterilize and we keep them on paper towels. I would get that female out of the tank that has the male you got from us in. If she is sick and it is contagious he could get sick too. Do you have a spare glass tank? At her size even if it is a 20 gallon it would be best to separate her, keep her on paper towels and change them every time she poops. When you change her tank make sure you wipe it down well with a pet safe disinfectant. At this point I would recommend you taking her to a vet she sounds like she may be to far gone to help yourself she needs professional help. I know it can be expensive but you can not put a dollar amount on a life.

Could you please send me a picture of the dragon you got from us I would like to see how he is doing. Also enclose a picture of the female dragon from Tom maybe I can give you some tips to help her. Our email is MythicalDragonz@hotmail.com.

I am a little upset that you would try to trade that dragon to me but I am not going to sit there and hang you like the rest of the Gang on the BOI. Right now you need to take care of that female focus on her not on selling your other dragons or posting on the BOI and contacting Tom or Corky. Please get those pictures of the male you got from us to me soon I'd like to see how he is progressing.

Nicole and I both wish you luck and hope she recovers.

Thank You,
Steven Walker

Thanks Much,
Steven Walker

Old 01-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #27
Earthworks
i agree that mythicaldragonz shouldnt really be on trial here or in any way implicated in any negativity from what ive read of this thread.

also, i dont keep beardies but could this be a case of bad lighting? when i was much younger i lost my first beardy, thought my husbandry was correct but wasnt educated on the lighting requirements of beardies...

Old 01-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #28
ed hummel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworks View Post
i agree that mythicaldragonz shouldnt really be on trial here or in any way implicated in any negativity from what ive read of this thread.

also, i dont keep beardies but could this be a case of bad lighting? when i was much younger i lost my first beardy, thought my husbandry was correct but wasnt educated on the lighting requirements of beardies...
i dont know. how close to the other one they sold, i think the guy named it akira, how close where the two of them sold, anyone know?

the other one, akira, had some major issues according to the vet akira was taken to see after received from mythical dragons, apparently against their TOS, thus keeping them from any possible monetary loss due to supposedly sick dragon, akira.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:22 AM   #29
ed hummel
not saying that they should be put on trial, just that it might not be bad to call them as a witness..

Old 01-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #30
DiamondDen
I personally dont think this thread needed there word as the proof has been shown and thats that, the threads done and over with people are warned of Baseballbeardies and his lack of morals for people and animals(he should have found help for this dragon much sooner) not try to trade it off to someone else to get a dragon that would need much more care then this little girl needed to start with a silk is not a beginner dragon witch he has shown himself to be.

as far as Nicole and Steven, I dont understand the part where you state that Mac shouldnt be talking to Tom, this is Toms dragon that needs help why shouldnt he be in contact with him? as Tom said he doesn't care for Mac but is thinking of the dragons needs by helping Mac when im sure he would much rather not even talk to him, I understand if you want to help or be sure the dragon he got from you is ok, but im sure most people would prefer to help anyone who has an issue with there animal instead of someone else, as you just never know if that other person is giving useful or harmful info.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!