Bad Guy BaseballBeardies AkA Mac Watkins - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #81
ophidile
Last I checked, it's against paypal TOS for sellers to add on the paypal fees separately.
Having a little trouble finding that clause on the paypal site right now though.
Not a huge deal but sellers ought to factor in fees to their price, not tack it on after. And sending business money as a "gift" is indeed a great way to get burned. Plus it just looks unprofessional.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #82
joshjtd
As we discussed Mac, you are free to sell your animals to whoever you wish. What you are not seeming to grasp is that if you want to make it here on Fauna, you will need to adopt some better business practices.

I will say that I never placed a deposit. If you read our email history Mac, no where did you ask for a deposit. Had you asked, this would be a different conversation. If you didn't want to sell him to me for our agreed price, that should have been discussed much earlier.

Also it is very much not that I can't take dragons in or that I didn't have the funds to pay. I live in Rapid City, SD which has had some snow and very cold temps which were not proper for shipping.

The reason I was wanting to send money the day of shipping was your past track record here. I have dealt many folks on here and as long as their name checks out, I have no problem with deposits or paying for the animal right away.

As far as threating, I think we have varying opinions on that.

Josh Davis to Mac
show details 7:12 PM (11 hours ago)
Well Mac, we could go back and forth all night, but I have better things to do. I have posted in your bad guy thread our transaction so that others can see you for who you are. Have fun in your future endeavors and I wish you luck selling on Fauna...you are going to need it.
- Show quoted text -
--
Thanks,

Josh Davis

To answer your question Mac, who you are appears to be a seller with some integrity issues and some bad business practices.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #83
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjtd View Post
As we discussed Mac, you are free to sell your animals to whoever you wish. What you are not seeming to grasp is that if you want to make it here on Fauna, you will need to adopt some better business practices.

I will say that I never placed a deposit. If you read our email history Mac, no where did you ask for a deposit. Had you asked, this would be a different conversation. If you didn't want to sell him to me for our agreed price, that should have been discussed much earlier.

Also it is very much not that I can't take dragons in or that I didn't have the funds to pay. I live in Rapid City, SD which has had some snow and very cold temps which were not proper for shipping.

The reason I was wanting to send money the day of shipping was your past track record here. I have dealt many folks on here and as long as their name checks out, I have no problem with deposits or paying for the animal right away.

As far as threating, I think we have varying opinions on that.

Josh Davis to Mac
show details 7:12 PM (11 hours ago)
Well Mac, we could go back and forth all night, but I have better things to do. I have posted in your bad guy thread our transaction so that others can see you for who you are. Have fun in your future endeavors and I wish you luck selling on Fauna...you are going to need it.
- Show quoted text -
--
Thanks,

Josh Davis

To answer your question Mac, who you are appears to be a seller with some integrity issues and some bad business practices.
Selling to the first to pay is NOT "bad business practice." It seems to me that you are upset because someone beat you to the dragon in question and now are putting info into an already established bad guy thread with the hope that the community will simply go along with you b/c the seller already has questionable business dealings.

It is also RIDICULOUS to ask that a seller hold an animal (that is really what you were doing) only to be paid the day of shipping. Again, this will more often than not lead to an animal being boxed up for shipping only to have the payment not show up. The animal then gets unboxed and put back..... It is unfair of you to expect a seller to do something differently than everyone else in the industry. If you don't trust him, then don't buy from him. It really is as simple as that. Besides what is the difference between paying him 3 days before shipping of the day of shipping? Unless you were not going to pay until he sent you a tracking number?

Old 02-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #84
joshjtd
Kyle, I appreciate your opinion but I do not believe you read my previous post. I will concede that I should have given Mac a deposit to firm up our deal. If it was requested of the seller, I would have done so much like I have in my other dealings on Fauna.

If you read, I was going to send payment earlier but I got a late response on the question of differing names on the paypal account.

Yes I am bitter because Mac and I had an agreement to which he backed out on as he found someone to pay a higher price.

I didn't start a BOI thread of my own as I didn't lose any money. I am not posting here looking for sympathy but to rather make the community aware of potential issues with this seller.

Life goes on. Another day, another dragon. I will find another to fit my breeding project.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #85
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjtd View Post
Kyle, I appreciate your opinion but I do not believe you read my previous post. I will concede that I should have given Mac a deposit to firm up our deal. If it was requested of the seller, I would have done so much like I have in my other dealings on Fauna.

If you read, I was going to send payment earlier but I got a late response on the question of differing names on the paypal account.

Yes I am bitter because Mac and I had an agreement to which he backed out on as he found someone to pay a higher price.

I didn't start a BOI thread of my own as I didn't lose any money. I am not posting here looking for sympathy but to rather make the community aware of potential issues with this seller.

Life goes on. Another day, another dragon. I will find another to fit my breeding project.
Josh, I was inclined to agree with Kyle until I re-read the last couple of pages (still agree with Kyle in everyday situations, but no longer regarding Josh). From Mac's quote below, Mac admits that he avoided Josh's question concerning Paypal for wanting a better deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballBeardies View Post
I didn't want to really sell him to you for $200 but I was willing to because I just wanted a quick sale. Hints to why I didn't immeaditly reply to your question about if it was the right paypal address. I didn't want to back out becuase I already agreed so I said yes.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #86
joshjtd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
Josh, I was inclined to agree with Kyle until I re-read the last couple of pages (still agree with Kyle in everyday situations, but no longer regarding Josh). From Mac's quote below, Mac admits that he avoided Josh's question concerning Paypal for wanting a better deal.
Matt, I agree with Kyle on the day to day business part as well. In my dealings if someone wants a dragon, they will pay the deposit for the hold or it goes to the first person to pay. In rare circumstances, I will hold the animal with no deposit (I have had past dealings with them, or they have solid reputation on Fauna). The part that miffed me was the selling to someone for a higher price when we had an agreement.

I would have sent a deposit if requested but I suspect that he was still shopping other buyers for a higher price.

This community is all about integrity. To be a successful seller and build a good business reputation, you must have it. It is most unfortunate that many folks don't.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #87
joshjtd
In this instance a simple "Hey I need to know you are serious, can you please pay me now or put down a deposit" would have really handled the situation better.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #88
kylesaltzman
Mac tried selling me a double het red dragon a few days ago,
thank god i didnt go through with it.

this guy sounds pretty sheisty

Old 02-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #89
BaseballBeardies
Kyle Saltzman

Thank God I didn't take what you offered. Look. Also I don't see a single spot on this email where I said he was Red dragon. He lowballed me then I said no and you still seem to be mad. It is funny becuase not even a normal adult would be that low. I accidently offered a red female to you a second ago. My mistake. This shows the emails going from bottom to top. Thats how they copy and paste.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:54 PM, Mac Watkins <xarmour@gmail.com> wrote:

Alright goodluck looking for a dragon.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Kyle Saltzman <kylesaltzman@live.com> wrote:

no im good. dont need to take any risks on "neuro" problems. ha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 19:51:24 -0500

Subject: Re: Wanted: Adult Bearded Dragons
To: kylesaltzman@live.com

I don't use them. Thats how much it is for me and mostly everyone else. Even so if it was $0 for shipping it was way less then I would take. I am taking offers just thats to low. The other male I have is really nice. You sure don't want to a look at him?

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 12:22 AM, Kyle Saltzman <kylesaltzman@live.com> wrote:

shipyourreptiles.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 23:09:47 -0500

Shipping is $50. This isn't a 6" dragon he is about 21".

On Feb 5, 2011, at 2:47 PM, Kyle Saltzman <kylesaltzman@live.com> wrote:

and shipping and shipping supplies are about 30$ so not sure where your getting 25$ from.?

Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 10:36:53 -0500

No. I have some one giving me 200 shipped yet your offering $25? Well I have a nice yellow male that I will send pictures to you. I will do that price for him. Let me know if interested?

On Feb 5, 2011, at 3:38 AM, Kyle Saltzman <kylesaltzman@live.com> wrote:

would you do $75 shipped?

Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 23:36:19 -0500

That is him when he was breeding ladies. He was proven by someone else. Sorry I have no adult females. I am in SC so its not to cold to ship.

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:56 PM, Kyle Saltzman <kylesaltzman@live.com> wrote:

what is the 3rd picture? Do you have any females aswell?
are you in florida by chance?

Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 21:36:29 -0500
Subject: Wanted: Adult Bearded Dragons

I have a nice orange male double het leatherback male. He is about 14 months old and 21" long. He has been proven out as a breeder and throws some terrific red babies. Currently I am feeding him Dubia roaches, mix of worms, mix of greens, and a little bit of fruit. He is bobbing and already to go for the ladies. He came out of Brumation about a month and half ago. He is super easy to handle as well. He was originally bought from Distinctive Dragons. You can look on there website his dad was Hayabusa (translucent smoothie) and mom Rose ( hypo leatherback).The first two pictures are of his babies. Its hard to get his color's but he is orange. He is really smooth to becuase he is missing some side spikes on the left and right side of his body. Let me know if interested? Make and offer?

Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #90
kylesaltzman
nice. it doesnt matter if its the same dragon or not, when you attempt to rip people off once, who is to say you would try and pull the same bs again.
mad? not sure whos mad but its not me? i was never mad..
i was never offered a red female, you offered me a yellow male...
and you were the one who asked me to make an offer, it may have been stupid low but you are the one who asked..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!