Need Help - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 01-23-2005, 05:32 PM   #11
CheriS
Bill

Any update on how your snake is doing?

Old 01-23-2005, 06:24 PM   #12
Bill_Leverton
Cheri,She is doing really good The mouth is healing slowly adminstiring 0.75cc's of antibiotic 3times a week. she is more active and at this rate by the time she delivers 90% of her mouth will be healed And she ate a small rat which is a good sign will keep you posted on any new developments

Old 01-23-2005, 08:26 PM   #13
CheriS
BIll,

That is just great news... so she did not have the surgery and it is healing on its own?

Since you said by the time she delivers, so I assume either she did not have to have it or she and the babies came through fine?

Please do let me know when the babies arrive and how they do... we have been trying to collect data on any meds giving to gravid reptiles and any effect it may have had on the offspring. So far we only have some browning of the eggs of a bearded dragon on Baytril, what looks like crystals formed on some other eggs of a beared dragons.

Besides, I just want to see the babies! Your not that far from us, are you planning on having any at shows in the area?

Old 01-23-2005, 08:49 PM   #14
Bill_Leverton
Cheri it is healing on its own i went for 1hr consult on the pros and cons of having the surgery it was advised that she stay on the ceftazidime and clean with betadine for 2 weeks if there was no improvement then we would discuss the operation but she seems to be responding so Im going to stay with this option .I havent really thought about doing shows I just got back into snakes after my divorce but you never know what will happen down the road and when she does give birth the pictures will be posted all over this site

Old 01-23-2005, 08:53 PM   #15
Bill_Leverton
NY------------------------------->Fla
about 8" on the map or 19hrs the way I drive

Old 01-23-2005, 10:02 PM   #16
CheriS
8" is not that big

LMAO, Okay, I was really looking at the name... Clearwater when responding and it does not show your location on the reply threads, just the name and I was thinking Clearwater, Florida... forgot you guys in the north also have reptiles

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the pics and hearing a good outcome story

Old 01-23-2005, 10:04 PM   #17
Bill_Leverton
yes we do and we even have in plumbing & electrizaculs

Old 02-01-2005, 07:42 PM   #18
Bill_Leverton
Talking

Im here to give thanks to the "Reptile Gods" I went to give her antibiotic shot this AM and Notice a 99% healing ....and She ate 2 medium rats I was happy and dont for see this happening ever again fingers crossed thanks again everybody for your support

Old 02-01-2005, 08:47 PM   #19
CheriS
Great News!! I am really glad for you and her

Do you have an approximate date for the babies? You better be taking pics and posting them

Old 03-05-2005, 07:59 PM   #20
Bill_Leverton
Angry

I just wanted to update this she gave birth today 26 brown potato looking things and 5 kinked bodied babies none survived No I didn't take no pictures I dont know what caused this ..... Just thought I'd update Y'all Thanks for everything

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!