The important things in life - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

View Poll Results: What is forever, for you? More than 1 OK
Spouse or significant other 14 51.85%
Children 17 62.96%
mood rings 0 0%
love beads 0 0%
Best Friends 8 29.63%
Truth 12 44.44%
Beauty 3 11.11%
reptiles 11 40.74%
God and country 6 22.22%
pacifier necklaces 0 0%
Lucille 6 22.22%
Blue Bell Ice Cream 1 3.70%
Freedom 13 48.15%
pet rock 0 0%
Chevrolet 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2005, 08:29 PM   #1
Lucille
The important things in life

Sometimes, our lives change.. things that were important once, no longer hold value. the skates and little red wagons of childhood give way to a ten speed bike; and this in turn gives way to, perhaps, a sports car or some other grown up toy.

Somethings hold their value forever. Friends, relationships, and things that have over the years become truly important.

To you, what are the durable, lasting things in life?

Old 02-01-2005, 05:58 AM   #2
DAND
Family would be one of my additions to your list.

Old 02-01-2005, 06:06 AM   #3
Lucille
Family is VERY important; I separated the 'spouse' and 'children' posts because some people, like me, do not have both; but of course you are right this leaves out parents and other family. I am glad you mentioned that because I love and respect my father.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:42 AM   #4
SPZOOLOGICAL
Here's how I would list them as they apply to me.

1. God (eventhough I don't "walk" the walk all the time this is #1)
2. Spouse, sig other, and children (eventhough I have none)
3. HEALTH (not listed-if you haven't got health you haven't got anything, unless you are lucky enough to have 1 and 2)
4. Reptiles
5. Country ( I would move to another if there was ever a ban-the way I see it) Patriotism is important. One's homeland grants every citizen within a political identity. This is important, but not as important as the other things listed above.

Truth is important all the time. It's fusion is displayed in one's priorities.

Best friends are important, but if you have all of the above, what else do you need?

Freedom - an ideology dictated to us by our governments, but ultimately all who live must decide how free they want to be.

Beauty-HA! Like I have to try! lol

*Honorable mentions
Pet Rock
Blue Bell Ice Cream - the "chocolate" families

Sean

Old 02-06-2005, 01:51 AM   #5
BallPyFan
Sean hun I am going to disagree with your take on freedom. It isn't something the government gives you, it is a state of mind, and can only be surrendered, never taken. A person or government may be able to imprison my body, but my mind will always be free as long I determine it to be. The rest I can roll with especially the chocolate.

Old 02-06-2005, 09:25 AM   #6
reptilemama
Family would definitely be at the top of my list- my parents and brother have been the one constant in my life that I could depend on, and they know they can depend on me. My son is included of course, but at 6, there's not much I can depend on him for besides chaos.

Old 02-06-2005, 12:58 PM   #7
BallPyFan
Nonsense Shannon...you can depend on him to provide you with funny stories for years to come! He is at the age they tend to do the goofiest, funniest, and silliest things that you will someday tell his girlfriend, much to his embarassment. I know I have a few good ones to tell when my son starts dating someday LOL (Right now he is 11 and still thinks of girls as just people to talk to-sometimes!)

Old 02-06-2005, 11:14 PM   #8
SPZOOLOGICAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPyFan
Sean hun I am going to disagree with your take on freedom. It isn't something the government gives you, it is a state of mind, and can only be surrendered, never taken. A person or government may be able to imprison my body, but my mind will always be free as long I determine it to be. The rest I can roll with especially the chocolate.
Aw, honeybun....I said

Freedom - an ideology dictated to us by our governments, but ultimately all who live must decide how free they want to be.

It's mind over matter. Ever see "Braveheart"? Lot's of talk about "Freedom". It's definitely a mental decision.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:49 PM   #9
ms_terese
Thank God I've lived long enough to leave the material things off the list!

My honor, my husband, my children, my grandchildren, my siblings, my health, my animals, my friends.

My quality of life. Not necessarily material things, but the little joys that keep things in perspective: the peace of the lake, finding a speckled kingsnake coiled up in a lawn chair on my front porch, teaching my dog to fetch, closing a deal at the office, sitting in just the right spot to watch the hummingbirds at the feeder while I have my coffee, getting to watch a really good thunderstorm from the comfort of a covered porch (great view and you can smell the rain, but stay dry!), finally getting a recipe JUST the way you want it.....

It's all what you make it....

Old 02-09-2005, 08:12 PM   #10
CallDawg
simple ?

As long as I have my beutiful wife Kris and three kids healthy and happy nothing else can touch me

my family to me is everything, every thing else come a far second.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!