Inquiry about Jason Brennan??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-19-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
snakeman56
Inquiry about Jason Brennan???

Any info will be greatly appreciated. As I am interested in getting a pair of Het Pied Ball Pythons from him.

Thank you
Tom

Old 11-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #2
PrehistoricPets.com
Hey Tom, we have worked a couple of trades with Jason and I have no complaints at all. He shipped the animals when he said that he would and they arrived here healthy and in great condition. The trades went very smoothly and we would do business with him again. We have not purchased anything from him, just the trades, but I imagine the service would be similar.

Patrick Powers
Manager of Prehistoric Pets

Old 11-19-2006, 11:41 PM   #3
Clay Davenport
A couple of years ago I bought two "captive raised" adult female balls from Jason. His service was good, fast shipping and everything.
However, when the snakes came in I was covered in babies and hatching eggs so I basically unpacked them, put them in a quarrantine rack with fresh water and didn't look at them for two weeks.
When I did get to inspecting them I found they both had quite a few ticks on them, and one had a pretty bad scar. The one with the scar was bar none the meanest ball python I've ever encountered. They were obviously freshly wild caught.
I had paid $250 each for them, not wild caught prices.
I removed the ticks, treated them for internal parasites, and kept them for 8 or 10 months. In that time one ate a couple of times voluntarily and the other never did. I finally sold them for $50 each which is all they were worth to begin with because I didn't have the time to dedicate to them nor the time to continue assist feeding them.

Now in Jason's defense, I never contacted him with the issue so I have no idea how he would have handled it. It was my fault for waiting two weeks before I really checked them over and felt a complaint should have been made sooner. Instead I just took the loss and added him to my list of folks I won't buy from.

Old 11-19-2006, 11:59 PM   #4
JasonBrennan
Clay,

I can't say that I recall the purchase that you mention off the top of my head, but you say that you never made me aware of any problem or dissatisfaction with something that you purchased from me. How can I fix a problem if I am never made aware of it?

I think it is very unfair to come here and bad mouth me when I was never given an opportunity to fix the problem you say that you had?

Old 11-20-2006, 12:06 AM   #5
MRC31
It doesn't sound like Clay is bad mouthing anybody, he is just stating his experience with you.
He admitted that he should have contacted you sooner, he obviously recieved animals that were not what he expected so he simply added you to his do not buy from list.

Old 11-20-2006, 12:28 AM   #6
snake8myelbo
All i have to say is I ordered a pair from Jason and never received proper paperwork so... After 3 attempts and about 3 months of Jason "sending" me papers he claimed i was selling other balls as hets with his invisible papers. I am not telling not to get his ball pythons but think twice is it good to pay $1,000 for a het pair and have doubts as did, or pay 1,200 and get them from PK reptiles as i did or Ralph Davis. And know you will produce. Just stating my experience so relax Jason p.s. it was also very hard to get my money back he would not give it back because he said he did not have it, I ha to go through my credit card company and the whole thing took like 8 months

Old 11-20-2006, 12:59 AM   #7
JasonBrennan
Chris recieved three or four copies of the paperworked including the paperwork in the box, mailed to him several times. Then wanted to return the animals a month or two later for a refund. Then wanted other animals. Then decided he wanted a different number of animals. Ended up doing a charge back against me after putting up with him for months. Definately someone to avoid selling to.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:24 AM   #8
snake8myelbo
I never received any paperwork and it looks like its not just me. coincidence? I think not.let me ask you Jason has anyone produce any piebalds from your paperless "hets" And you offered me the 75 ball pythons for the credit but could not produce nothing. I have your emails so I could post them as well if you would like. I had to do a chargeback because you Said "you will get my money when you get some, I can't give you what i dont have". Right you said that right or are you going to Deni that too. It's not my fault you are doing this to yourself and i have plenty of good references from people I have bought animals from.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:34 AM   #9
JasonBrennan
In response to your question, I have no idea what anyone has produced from hets purchased from me. I have NEVER received a complaint from anyone saying that their hets did not prove out. I would think that I would have heard about it by now if they were not producing visuals. I would also think that something would have been posted here by now.

The paperwork for the animal that was shipped by Don did not come from me. As is clearly spelled out in the other thread that you are posting on, I simply arranged the deal between Crystal and Don. Crystal shipped directly to Don. Don shipped directly to Crystal.

As I said in the other thread you are posting on.....Good luck to you.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:10 AM   #10
Clay Davenport
I didn't bad mouth you Jason, believe me it would have been obvious if I did.
I stated your service was good, which it was, and also mentioned not contacting you about it in your defense. I didn't suggest that the original poster shouldn't buy from you, I merely stated that I would not buy from you again because you sent me misrepresented animals.
The fact was you advertised those adult females specifically as not being fresh caught, but in my experience snakes raised to adulthood in captivity do not have ticks as a general rule. They also normally feed on their own at some point rather than refuse all forms of food for 8-10 months.

I felt that I did not adequately fulfill my duty in checking the snakes over in a timely manner. It should not have taken me two weeks to look closely enough at them to find the ticks. This is why I didn't contact you.
I didn't expect you to remember the sale, it's been 2 years. I'll attach a screenshot of the ad for you.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!