Info Ship Your Reptiles Random charge - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:47 PM   #11
DLenaRuth999s
I am very impressed with information/explanation given by Robyn. Clear, concise, stays on point. I'm just beginning to ship out snakes and I so appreciate that there is no added fee when a miss-weight or upsize occurs.

Old 10-05-2017, 09:24 PM   #12
Geezer
Robyn and Chad are among the most professional businessmen in the Reptile trade. Excellent explanation for the additional charge.

Old 10-05-2017, 11:37 PM   #13
Akiranar
I work in a coffee shop, where we ship a lot of our stock all around the world. In the space we have a friend that does some other work and ships his stuff around also. I'm usually the one who will take his deliveries to the post office with the coffee shipment.

One time I was told that he used the wrong packaging for Flat Rate when he used a flat rate label. So he was going to be charged the difference. I also know from all the shipments I make that giving a too low weight and wrong dimensions also can end in a charge for my bosses. So, I do my best to keep the dimensions correct, and I usually round the weight up by an ounce.

I'm fairly sure that when it comes to shipping reptiles, a lot of the same standards apply when it's with dimensions and weight. You need to be very precise, or your going to end up with a charge. Which it seems, is what Ship Your Reptiles has said.

Please correct me if I am wrong, so far I only know about shipping Coffee, not animals.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:37 AM   #14
tlmoon
Seems like a very good explanation by Robyn. It's only fair for them to charge for the actual size of the package, after all.

Old 10-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #15
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixgunsun1177 View Post
All pro shipping a.k.a. ship your reptiles just hit me with the random $23 charge. Make sure you check your accounts.
Shipyourreptiles.com
Wow, so you literally posted this first thing instead of... I don't know, sending SYR an email or calling them to inquire about the charge first?

Sounds like you owe someone a public apology.

Old 10-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #16
BillZ
Sure would be nice if the OP took a few minutes to acknowledge or refute the explanation given by the shipper. Lots of people seeing this use their services and a follow up is in order..

Old 10-06-2017, 11:46 AM   #17
zovick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillZ View Post
Sure would be nice if the OP took a few minutes to acknowledge or refute the explanation given by the shipper. Lots of people seeing this use their services and a follow up is in order..
That is really not necessary. It isn't that hard to understand. The OP just doesn't want to get it or didn't read the instructions on SYR's web site.

Everything Robyn stated yesterday in post #6 was correct. FEDEX checks the actual weights as well as the actual size of the boxes at their shipping centers while they are being sorted and routed to their destinations. If the dimensions and weights have not been properly entered by the shipper, FEDEX re-figures the charges based on the actual size and weight. Then FEDEX bills SYR for the difference, and SYR passes on that extra charge to the shipper.

From the SYR web site:

Package Dimensions

FedEx will scan your package for label accuracy. Please measure carefully and round up to the nearest inch.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:07 PM   #18
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet View Post
Wow, so you literally posted this first thing instead of... I don't know, sending SYR an email or calling them to inquire about the charge first?

Sounds like you owe someone a public apology.

Just another drive by BOI...

Old 10-08-2017, 09:01 PM   #19
Randy F
I have been shipping for years and used just about everyone. Robyn's whole crew is a pleasure to talk to. Never had to "deal" with them because it's been easy. They have explained this very situation to me before. They are extremely professional and honest. Highly recommend them.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #20
robyn@Pro Exotics
My team and I appreciate the comments and support.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!