Crotalus and company, great company! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
FubbyFifi
Crotalus and company, great company!

I just bought a female rhino viper from Crotalus and Company and picked it up from the airport last night. We had to wait until it got warm enough and both of us were keeping a close eye on the weather. Once it was warm enough they sent off the snake and she is just absolutely beautiful and is a lot bigger then I thought she would be. They even threw in a young common snapper for free! The packing job was top notch, well insulated, animals were well secured as venomous should be. Their customer service was great and very polite over the phone and e-mails. They didn't like holding onto animals that they've sold but they did it anyways for the safety of them. They filled me in one eating habits, last shed, and the last time she defecated. They are definitely good people to deal with.
Lary Vongsavanh

Old 05-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
cyberfrog
I'm curious as to why you buy a viper and get a snapping turtle?? Did you know in advance the turtle was coming so you had an enclosure setup? Did the seller know if you even dealt with turtles? Just seems a bit harsh to dump off common snappers on people who may or may not be able to care for them. It's not the turtles fault he's inexpensive.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
HerpOly
Dan and Anja are good people, and take excellent care of their animals. I'm sure they would not just throw a turtle into the shipment without asking the customer if he would like one.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfrog
I'm curious as to why you buy a viper and get a snapping turtle?? Did you know in advance the turtle was coming so you had an enclosure setup? Did the seller know if you even dealt with turtles? Just seems a bit harsh to dump off common snappers on people who may or may not be able to care for them. It's not the turtles fault he's inexpensive.

Lets not start jumping the gun here, generally people include extra animals only if they know you have the space ( and WANT something)

I wouldnt think theyre just tossing critters in just because its a "free animal"................

Old 05-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
cyberfrog
Not trying to jump the gun at all, was just asking and stating if not arranged in advance is a crappy thing to do to an animal. Not passing judgement by any means, just asking a question.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
FubbyFifi
Yes they told me they had a common snapper that they had no use for and asked if I would like it for free. I am very much into turtles so I was more then happy to take it. I agree with HerpOly. Dan and Anja are very good people and made sure I wanted the turtle before they sent it so I had a setup already for it.
Lary

Old 05-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #7
cyberfrog
Good deal, question answered!

Old 05-03-2008, 10:58 PM   #8
chaosad
I have known Aj for a few years and Dan for a year or two. Both Aj and Dan are a great experienced keepers, both are very knowledgeable and helpful. I can trust that anyone doing business Crotalus & company will find themselves posting a good guy thread. I am pleases everything went smooth for Larry as he is one of my friends as well. As long as there are people in the reptile community like Dan and Aj there is still a glimmer of hope for all of us as they are a prime example of the good things in this hobby. Bravo guys keep up the good work!!!

Daniel Peck
Choas Reptiles and Supply LLC.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #9
Anja
Thanks Lary, Tim and Dan. Lary I am glad your happy with the Rhino and Snapper. And for the record I would never dump an animal on someone, Lary and I had a few conversations about the Snapper before hand.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:03 AM   #10
morocco
I too had a very agreeable transaction with Dan and AJ.

I acquired an 05' naja nivea from them last month, and the customer service was as good as it gets. The animal was very well packed and secured and nothing could have gone better.

I only wish they had all the animals I want to get, as I wouldn't hesitate to go to them for purchases. Great people and very professional.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!