Derek Roberts/Sonoran Reptiles-Bad Guy - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-11-2003, 08:59 AM   #31
longissima
I feel so loved......

Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:49:38 EDT
[ Add to Address Book | Block Address | Report as Spam ]
To: <longissima@excite.com>
Subject: Re: Message about: 1.1 Proven Red Mole Kingsnakes and 2.2 '03 offspring for s...

Just checking to see the status of the snake deal. I will be in and out this week so I'll have them shipped to the shop. Address there is
Exotic Pets
1551 s. 151st st. w.
goddard, ks. 67052
Thanx, and let me know when to expect them/ tracking number.

Mon, 6 Oct 2003 14:09:32 -0400
To: <SrpntHntr@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Message about: 1.1 Proven Red Mole Kingsnakes and 2.2 '03 offspring for s...

Hey Scott,

I did receive the money order on Saturday. I may not be able to ship the animals until Wed. for Thurs. delivery. I will ship them to the address in your previous e-mail. I sprained my ankle at work on Friday and have been on cruthches ever since -- the reason for the delay. I will let you know the tracking info as soon as they are shipped out. Thanks again! Derek

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:17:14 EDT

OK, no response from you, I'll contact Jeff at Kingsnake and get the proper "adjustments" made to your account. The fun part of this is that I have the receipt from the Postal Money Order I paid you with and MAILED to you. The emails that acknowledge your receipt of said payment and your admission that the animals were not sent. This constitiutes Mail Fraud, a federal charge as I found out in a previous similar situation. I didn't order these animals so that I could waste a bunch of time getting your account cancelled and file criminal charges against you but I am not going to set back and take this in the butt. If all else fails I WILL be in Tucson soon and WILL be paying a visit to 9095 Oracle, looks like an apartment complex, I wonder what their rules on reptiles are there? Keep ignoring this and see how it turns out for you. I had this happen in the past and it seems that when you incur federal charges they follow up a lot better than local authorities do. If you have anything in your name, have a job, or pay taxes they WILL find you. It is definately in your favor and mine if you contact me and resolve this situation. I don't want to waste any more time on this and you don't want to deal with the rammifications of not following through with your contract.

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 09:21:23 -0400

Hey,

First, I would like to apologize for not being able to gt in touch with you sooner. I was told by my roommate that you had tried to call this past weekend before you left. I had no idea that someone could have picked the snakes up for you or I would have told him which ones were yours. I was at the hospital at the time and was being fitted for a cast. I have not been able to walk for about 2 weeks now and it got to the point where I had no choice but to go. I would like to be able to make this up to you by sending you the animals you paid for plus some other that I have not posted for sale yet. All of the snakes you have purchased are doing well and I will have them shipped to you when you return from your trip. If you need to contact me before then, me cell number is 520-808-8596. I understand your frustration as I have been ripped off before by some scumbag in Indiana. I really don't like being threatened by anyone, which was the tone of your last e-mail, but I do undrestand the fact that people are out there that rip other people off. If you really have any questions about shady dealings with people you should check out faunaclassifieds.com and look at the Board of Inquiry in the Reptiles section. I is a very helpful tool on finding out who is who in the world of reptile hobbyists. Anyway, please let me know when to send the animals and I will get them to you. Once again, I apologize, but rest assured that I am NOT here to scam you out of anything. Take care. Derek

Derek Roberts
Sonoran Reptile
520-544-0801

Thu, 6 Nov 2003 18:27:42 -0500
Subject: would like to send you your snakes

Hello,

I would love to send you the snakes you paid for and a few extras to make up for your lost time. Please get in touch with me. Derek
520-808-8596

Derek Roberts
Sonoran Reptile
520-544-0801

Sat, 8 Nov 2003 20:51:37 EST
Subject: Re: would like to send you your snakes

I just got back to Wichita, tried to contact you while i was in Az. it's now 27 degrees out here, great shipping weather. I'd like a refund.

Sun, 9 Nov 2003 13:26:13 -0600

Derek,

It's time to either return the $280 or ship the snakes. Please email and let me know which you plan to do.

Julie
Exotic Pets
316-250-1321

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 01:22:39 -0500
To: <Exoticpets@cox.net>

Hey Jules,

I received an e-mail a couple of days ago from SRPNTHNTR@aol.com requesting a refund for those snakes. I e-mailed him about 2 weeks ago explaining that I apologize for the delay and inconvenience and that I would send you extra animals to make up for your lost time. I sent another e-mail to the same address about 4 days ago and just got a reply back demanding a refund. I have been taking care of the snakes you cared for and have some others that I would like to send you for the inconvenience I have caused you. I sent my home and cell number to the AOL e-mail address and I have not received a call or message from anyone. I just got through reading your post on the BOI. It seems that a few of the "regulars" are jumping on anyone who is associated with Adam Block. I have known Adam for 6 years, he used to live in AZ before moving to S. Carolina. He has not made many friends on the BOI and my association with him as a friend apparently labels me as "guilt by association". Anyway, you partner (srpnthntr) did not tell me he wanted the reptiles shipped to anyone after he left for Phoenix. If I would have known I could have shipped them to you, then I would have and would not have kept them for so long. I will ship your animals to you plus the extras I promised if you would like, but you might want to talk to your partner first. Please let me know what you want. Shipping in cold weather is not a problem for me as I use insulated boxes with heat packs. Live arrival is always guaranteed. If you need references, I will send you 50-100 of those as well. I hope this clears things up. Derek
My cell number is 520-808-8596. Please leave a message with your phone number.

Derek Roberts
Sonoran Reptile
520-544-0801

These are the events up until now. I am glad to see the folks with no lives are still playing Mulder and Scully. Good luck with that, I hope you are able to change the world with your infinite wisdom. I just wonder sometimes if some of you actually HAVE lives or are just pretending.

Old 11-11-2003, 10:03 AM   #32
longissima
just so no one is confused.....LOL

Quote:
So you sent money October 8 and he says he received it but that was the last timeyou heard from him. No e-mails no nothing. I will have you know......he should have at least e-mailed you. I know for a fact his inernet is still working He was online on the 28 and 29 of October. But he did not contact you....not even by e-mail through this site.
May want to reread the dates of the e-mails posted. I e-mailed them twice, Oct 18, Nov. 6 with no reply until Nov. 8. Facts are great to use.....if you have ALL of them.

Quote:
Most of the things you "uncover" I would have told you over the phone had you ever been man enough to pick it up and call.
Umm......Rich if you are trying to quote me, you may want to check yourself as this was not from any post of mine.

Quote:
Oh and dont feel sorry for me all is well here. You need to be feeling sorry for yourself and what could be coming down on you and possibly your buddy there as well.
LOL.....If there are warning level points handed out for misuse of the forums, then there should be "drama queen" points handed out for quotes like that! How's everything at the crime lab Jason?

Quote:
And finally, Ritchie, you know who I am as we have corresponded on another thread recently and I would just like you to know that you are completely wrong about Adam's fictitious dead ball python. I was there when he received it, I watched it eat, I watched it deteriorate, and I saw the aftermath. If you would like to discuss this further, you know my #.
This is a quote from me. An actual fact from Jason. Very good!

Quote:
Now take note to how Derek flat out lies. He claims" Richie was wrong about Adams fictitious ball" he says he was there when ADAM(he) reiceved it. He says he watched it deteriorate, well of course he did the ball python was his.
This is a quote from Jason. This is not a fact. The ball python was never mine as there is no way in hell I could afford a $2500 snake. You may want to go back to the original thread a year ago and check the name on the necropsy report. This process is called "fact finding". Give it a try. Does the name SHOUSE ring a bell to any of you Adam Block groupies? It should.

Quote:
But in this case it says Shouse/ball python and the report is signed by Bradley.
Quote:
To me that means Bradley is the Vet and Shouse is the owner
Those are quotes from Richie Luna after seeing the necropsy report which can be viwed here:http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&pagenumber=45

This was also posted by Mr. Luna.

As for me lying about it not being mine, it never was my snake and my quote of being there when Adam received is the exact truth. As is the rest of my previous quote. You wonder why I did not respond at all to the 58 pages of thread about NERD and Adam.....take a look at this thread and then get back to me.

Old 11-11-2003, 10:41 AM   #33
HerpVenue
Quote:
Umm......Rich if you are trying to quote me, you may want to check yourself as this was not from any post of mine.
I was quoting and responding to Adam.

Quote:
As for me lying about it not being mine, it never was my snake and my quote of being there when Adam received is the exact truth. As is the rest of my previous quote. You wonder why I did not respond at all to the 58 pages of thread about NERD and Adam.....take a look at this thread and then get back to me.
WONDERFUL.
It is not your snake either. It is not adam's snake either.

But it stayed with you. Then it stayed with adam. Then it died. Then adam cried about it. And here you are telling parts of the truth.......that way you can say the only words out of your mouth are the truth. Obviously we are not going to get the whole truth.
If we can get the whole truth........these pages would not be so long.

Okay. It is not your snake. It is not Adam's snake. Did it even exist?
And who is SHouse? Because now you are insinuating that it is his. Where the hell is he and why does he not post?

What a tangled web we weave when we first.......................you know the rest of the quotes.

Quote:
This process is called "fact finding". Give it a try. Does the name SHOUSE ring a bell to any of you Adam Block groupies? It should.
We would love to give fact finding a try. But it seems you and Adam Block are so close that you speak the same.

When Adam block was giving dates.....on one post he says over 3 days....in another post he says over 7. When confronted he says 7 is technically over 3.

Reminds of of a story. I would go to church....Pick up a bulettin and go out. When My Mom asked if I went to church......I can Totally tell the truth and say yes I went to church

Sort of like if you never feed your ball python. Someone can come along and ask how he feeds. You can totally tell the truth and say he never refused a meal

Now how about telling the rest of us the real story. You and Adam Block are dancing so well around it.

Old 11-11-2003, 10:55 AM   #34
HerpVenue
By the way Jules,
What is up with that?
By not presenting all the facts....the story gets quite askewed.
Looks to me like he did try to contact you.

Old 11-11-2003, 11:16 AM   #35
Jules_
I didn't get involved in this until Oct 13th. That's the day that Scott forwarded me all the emails and asked me to call Jeffie B and see what could be done. I know that Scott can be difficult and quick to anger, so I decided to check into it myself before posting anything. On Oct 14th, I called Derek myself and left a message on his machine asking him to please call me. I never saw the Oct 18th email. As was said in the posts, Scott has been out alot and in AZ. Scott called and got Derek's room mate.
Scott also called while in AZ. I didn't do or hear anything more until I realized that it was now Nov and still nothing. I emailed Derek and posted here, then told Scott what I had done. Scott then told me "Yeah, he emailed me a couple of days ago, I asked for my money back, we'll see what happens" I hate when he asks me to get involved with something and then doesn't keep me current with events. Even still, Oct 18th to Nov 6th is a long time to go without hearing anything when Scott and I both are calling and leaving messages for him to call. As for his posting that he didn't know where to ship the snakes, Derek posted the Oct 6th email himself from Scott saying that we wanted the animals shipped to the store because Scott wouldn't be around. I do stand corrected about the last date of contact, I had never received the Oct 18th email. Also I misquoted the date it was Thursday, October 09, when Scott received this email:
Hey Scott,

I did not get the animals out on Wed. I can ship them today for Friday delivery if that is OK with you. I apologize for the delay but I am still unable to move around much without crutches and today is my first attempt to drive anywhere. I missed your call this morning -- sleeping--, but you did not leave a number to contact you. If you get this e-mail, please call back or let me know that Friday is OK for you. Thanks.

Derek Roberts
Sonoran Reptile
520-544-0801

I have emailed Derek the following (for anyone keeping up)

To: longissima@excite.com
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:34:48 -0600

Hi Derek
I am glad that you emailed me. I did see the email from Scott to you saying to please ship the snakes to the shop (the Exotic Pets address) because he wouldn't be around. I called the number you gave on the email twice, leaving messages for you to call me. The AOL account is Scott's, and I don't get to check that one, only when he forwards me the emails. He never told me of an email received 2 weeks ago. I also said on the BOI that I would publicly apologize to you if you make things right. I still hold to that. I understand how lines can be crossed. Some of those snakes were for Scott, some are for the store. Go ahead and ship the animals to Exotic Pets, 1551 S. 151st St. W, Goddard, KS 67052. EMail me the tracking number and arrival information. Scott is back from AZ, but has been very busy trying to catch up for being gone for so long. Send further emails to me, I'll forward them on to Scott. As far as the BOI is concerned, I do judge people by what the do, not who they know.
Thanks for the email
Julie
Exotic Pets
316-721-0444

At this time we have agreed that Derek will ship the animals on Thur for Friday delivery. If this happens, I will apologize for any grief I have caused Derek but do encourage him to return phone calls to avoid these kinds of posts from people in the future (I see that I am not the only one that has had problems reaching him in the past).

Old 11-11-2003, 11:35 AM   #36
Classic Dum's
Jules I must say it looks as though you or your partner is in the wrong here. If there is something you are not telling us you need to. Because as it stands it appears as though he has atempted to make good with you.

Quote:
As for me lying about it not being mine, it never was my snake and my quote of being there when Adam received is the exact truth.
So did you witness him receive it 3 days later
Quote:
I was trying to relay that the snake was in my care three days after it was purchased.
???? Or was
Quote:
Fact of the matter is the snake (albino ball) was kept by Derrek Roberts for the first 2 months.
After you kept it for two months? Whats the truth??? Were you the one who watched it feed and go down hill because you had it the whole time and it was only returned to Adam upon its death?

Quote:
He has not made many friends on the BOI
Ever stop to wonder why???? Ill tell ya lie after lie after lie after lie. Since we all know Adam cant tell the truth before he gets you tangled any further in his lies why dont you tell us the truth???? You seem to be more inteligent then he is so why not fill us in a staight up no bull[bleep] post of events? This could be ended in a matter of a couple pages if someone was to tell the whole truth but we all know Adam is unable to even tell a partial truth. So what about you? Its not guilt by association at all. If you had that animal as Adam says and allowed Adam to do what he did your as low as he is. Possesion my friend is 9/10ths of the law. So that would be more like guilt by accessory.

Old 11-11-2003, 12:32 PM   #37
Classic Dum's
Oh and the way the report is written up

reference number: 02-7878
shouse, ball python

My vet back home wrote reports like that. On my reports first would be the animals name then the type of animal. So in otherwords had that report been written by my vet "shouse" would be the ball pythons name and of course ball python would be the species. Also it would be a normal ball python. See from my vet it would have looked like this

reference number: 02-7878
shouse(animals name), albino ball python

So personally I dont even believe this vet report belongs to an albino ball so I could care less what it says. Ya some vets do things a Little differant but theres a fairly standard format.
The actual owner of the ball python, name address and phone are the stuff right above the reference number that has been blocked out. The stuff below the reference number that is blocked I got a strong feeling is the animal description. Which if was an albino ball why block it? Theres no vet out there that is going to give an albino animal a neocropsy and overlook the fact its an albino in the descrition. So is it possible for us to see that report unaltered or are we going to get a bunch of excusses? You vet report as it stands carries absolutly no weight. If the owners(Adam) contact info on the report was blocked in an effort to hide where he was living for what ever reason(he doesnt want strangers showing up on his door step, which is understandable) He no lnger lives in AZ that address is outdated and does no one any good. So there should be no fear of posting an unaltered version. But Ill bet we get a bunch of excusses. Because as I said I think that was a normal ball. Also why is the date blocked?

Bringing up the whole vet report makes me wonder. I personally think this was an elborate set up. Nothing in that report shows the animal was albino much less an animal from NERD. The whoel topic was brought up months after the animal supposdly died. The manner the topic was brought up in makes me curious. See when Adam posted that thread he was claiming to want info. Kept on saying he wasnt going to post the breeders name that he didnt want to place blame only wanted to collect info. then bit by bit people helped him out posting info about gout(what he claimed it died of) and bit by bit he slowly starts placing blame on the breeder, without stating his name. He got a bunch of people on his side saying "it looks like the breeder caused it because of the timeline you laid out etc? Then he comes foward and says that he called the breeder and told him he needs to give him half the value of the animal to make the whole deal right. Well then Adam kept stirring the thread till finally Kev posted exposing that he was the breeder this ball suposidly came from.

all the ground work was laid out, Adam posted in a way to draw public support to his side. after he had that called kev, made kev aware that support was on his side and that he could ruin his rep if he didnt pay him off etc. I think all this started months ahead of time, the ball python in the report was a nomral that died of gout. (I think Adam knew what gout was prior to his posting claiming to look for info and that he had caused the gout within that animal because he knew he would need a vet report that said gout and ball python on the same page. I think the reason the date was smeared from the report is because it took Adam longer to kill the animal then he thought it would.Thats all just my opinion and I state it as such but looking at the peices it makes sense. Why wait 3 months to try and collect on an animal that died. It taking that long to inflict gout on the animal and cause it to die to get the vet report he knew he would need if this was going to work makes perfect sense to me.

So whith that Derek why dont you come clean lay the facts as they are and prove me wrong????

Old 11-11-2003, 02:54 PM   #38
elago
Sonoran Reptile

In response to this thread, I had a bad experience with SR as well. I bought a pair of black pine snakes from them for 100 shipped, asked what shipper he used and he said Airborne express. The LAST thing I wanted was for him to use airborne of all companies due to numerous bad experiences, and offered to pay him extra to use a different carrier, to which he said don't worry about it. When it came time for the snakes to arrive and I recieved the tracking #, it was none other than- you guessed it- Airborne. I had to LITERALLY track the driver down to get the snakes, all this after EXPLICITY ASKING HIM NOT SHIP VIA AIRBORNE and offering money to use another carrier. To make matters worse, the snakes I recieved were regurgers. Save yourself some time, headaches, and hassle in the future folks. -Eric Lago

Old 11-11-2003, 06:46 PM   #39
Adam Block
Ritchie and Jason

First I'm lying for putting "Sold Out" on my page, then Rich says he's done that too and you drop it.

First you wanna find the facts more then anything so I tell you whom to call, then you decide not to make the calls.

First NERD doesn't send feed card with his animals then I get them posted and while I'm no longer a liar you forget what they say.

First Kevin can do no wrong, then we see feed card showing very underfed snakes and you forget about those too.

I have no posts in here with respect to the care of my snakes other then the one from Jason that was worked out but I still have to be the reason the snake died and not the guy proven to give his snakes poor care.

First the vet's Steve House from the Carolina who attended school in AZ then you don't know then it's the name of the snake that died?

Yeah okay you guys have an excellent track record of uncovering facts.

Derek, I'll tell you what to do to make Internet groupies go away!

POST YOUR PHONE NUMBER! Either one could call us but we're dealing with a immature wanna be head banger and a recluse so they will stay hidden and well protected behind the keyboard.

Jason doesn't have the social skill to carry on a phone conversation so he WILL NEVER CALL! Ritchie doesn't even have a number on his site where he picks up a phone because he can't deal with things unless he's able to twist/spin your written words.

Neither of these misfits are looking for facts, I've been telling Ritchie to pick up a phone for a year and there's always an excuse! Excuse after excuse after excuse! What's it this time Ritchie? Too busy, I lie too much? Oh Oh maybe I'm not worth it. JOKE!

Old 11-11-2003, 07:16 PM   #40
Adam Block
Eric, I just want to make sure you know this but you said:

Quote:
the snakes I recieved were regurgers.
I've had only a few of these but the ones I've dealt with you could have fed a snickers and they wouldn't regurg. I've never seen one with any issue like that unless you're just feeding WAY too large of meals.

I only wanted to point that out because I would bet a large amount of money those were from John Ginter and I find it hard to believe his stock would have any issues. You're 100% sure these snakes were regurging and you weren't feeding too large of meals?

Also, do you have any idea what Tucson is like for heat? Did you care more about the health of the snakes or who they were shipped by? Some parts of Tucson don't do well with some shippers. FedEx had a noon pickup deadline by me and UPS I don't deal with. Sometimes there are issues there you don't see or understand. Did Derek say he would refund the money if they were dead when you got them? That should have been your only worry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!