Hypo het lavender bloodred x Het hypo, lavender, bloodred & anery! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
TripleMoonsExotic
I agree that the new hatchling is a Hypo Diffusion based on the dorsal shot. He/she is very bright.

I've never actually had a Hypo Lav in my hands to be able to compare ventral, but I don't see any obvious belly checkers on your little guy/gal there.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #12
TripleMoonsExotic
My, aren't we impatient, Mark!

I realize after rereading my post that I didn't flat out say...But yes, I do believe he/she is a Hypo Lavender Diffusion!

Old 08-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #13
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
I agree that the new hatchling is a Hypo Diffusion based on the dorsal shot. He/she is very bright.

I've never actually had a Hypo Lav in my hands to be able to compare ventral, but I don't see any obvious belly checkers on your little guy/gal there.
Thank you!

The hypo lavender diffusion (if it's that) is a male--and he's mine mine mine! Once he eats a few meals, I'll get some better belly pics and post em.

The newest hatchling got spooked and crawled out too early. She was hanging in there with the cord attached but this morning she was unattached and there's a good amount of yolk in there still. She's small.

I started off with all my corn eggs at 72 degrees room temperature.....this batch was laid on 5/9/09.

I brought this clutch into my snake room a couple weeks ago when I transferred all my other corn clutches to an incubator at 85 degrees.

I am worried about the decision to put all those in the incubator. I have different lavender diffuse in there.

The links to that site are great--thank you!

Old 08-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #14
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
My, aren't we impatient, Mark!
LOL--That could be the understatement of the year!

My friends don't know how I can hang with the hobby. I cut these eggs over a week ago. (Shhhhh....don't tell nobody.)

My ball python clutches kill me!

Now that I has some babiez to look at, I might leave the others alone.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #15
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvite View Post
I started off with all my corn eggs at 72 degrees room temperature.....this batch was laid on 5/9/09. I brought this clutch into my snake room a couple weeks ago when I transferred all my other corn clutches to an incubator at 85 degrees. I am worried about the decision to put all those in the incubator.
Jeeze! Nearly a three month incubation! I'd have been pulling my hair out!

I incubate at 83 degrees and get nearly all my Cornsnake clutches pipping by day 60.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #16
mvite
One of my local friends was singing the praises of room temp incubation. He said the hatchlings come out larger and are usually great eaters.

I got a clutch from an anery bloodred female to this same male a week earlier and they are all chowing on thawed pinks from the first try.

I'm with 83 degrees next year. 3 months is too long!

Old 08-08-2009, 01:28 AM   #17
U_GU_GU_TLANUWA
That is an awesome clutch you have!!!!.....Gotta love genetics of cornsnakes, you never know what your going to get...lol

I incubate my eggs at 83 degrees, and to be honest I only have a few non- eaters a year,some tell my will power and patiance but I usually get them to eat on the 1st or second try......

I did something a bit diffrent this year also, I tried feeding 2 days after hatching, and this has worked out great 4 me, 90% have ate after 2 days of hatching, i cam on this by accident, last year i accidently droppes a pinky in w/ some 1-2 day old hatchlings while feeding others, and when i went to get the pinky out there was a hatchling allready eating it, so i desided i would see how that method worked this year..... Has worked well....I used to wait till they shed 1st, from what I see in this trial, i may not go back to waiting till that 1st shed........

Old 08-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #18
jguyer1
That is a killer looking clutch!! Good job!

Old 08-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #19
mvite
Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments!

Look at him today--he's starting to haze up. I can't wait to feed him.

That 2nd day feeding thing doesn't sound too bad. I mean there's already a shed on the way--might as well squeeze a feeding in beforehand!

Thanks again for checking this batch out.

My Lavender BR x BR het lavender eggs just started to pip.....

Old 08-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #20
U_GU_GU_TLANUWA
Can't wait to see what he looks like after he sheds...

I love it when the eggs start piping, beats the heck out of x-mas any day.....

Plus u get something you want...lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bloodred, corn snake, lavender