Hatching time and help neded - Plasma etc. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Masonexotics
Question Hatching time and help neded - Plasma etc.

I'm hoping someone on here can help us shed some light here...

This is our first time hatching these particular corn morphs and we'd like some more educated guesses about a few hatchlings.

So the clutch, bloodred het hypo and lav x bloodred het hypo and lav.

here we have an example of a bloodred hatchling from the clutch.

Here is an example of what we are assuming is a lavendar/bloodred or plasma:

Now these little guys are the ones we have questions about. Knowing what combinations are possible we know these must be either hypo-bloodred or hypo-plasma but we've never seen either right out the egg so...have you? there are several of these little guys:

and one of them next to a lav/bloodred for comparison.

So, hypo plasma or hypo bloodred is the question, I assumed hypo blood at first but at second look I see more and more of the lavendar and peach colouration lavs have. These are straight out the egg, pre shed pictures so the colours have a lot of developing to do.

So anyone who happens to have hypo blood and hypo plasa hatchling photos, or experience of these morphs or indeed anyone else...fee free to chip in!

Old 08-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
jguyer1
I think that the snake in question is a Hypo Bloodred.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:33 AM   #3
Masonexotics
Thanks, i've struggled to find any pictures of young hypo bloods that don't look like this:

Either way they will be staying with us, I guess time will tell

Old 09-07-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
mvite
I'm thinking it's hypo plasma--that's what I think mine are.

This is a hypo bloodred that I hatched.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
mvite
I dunno what my purple ones are--they have checkered bellies so they aren't plasma.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
Masonexotics
now they have shed out we're thinking hypo blood too, but several peope have said it could be hypo plasma dependingon sex as lav is effected by thr sex of the snake.

If you've still got a belly pattern then possibly just lavs? Hypo lavs? Again i've never hatched a hypo lav so no idea what it looks like out the egg.

They are staying here either way, so we'll find out,

Old 09-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
jguyer1
This is a Hypo Bloodred that I hatched this season. Hope that it helps:

The ones that you have with belly patterns are probably not Bloodreds, but you'll know more as they grow and especially when you breed them in the future.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:32 AM   #8
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonexotics View Post
So the clutch, bloodred het hypo and lav x bloodred het hypo and lav.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonexotics View Post
If you've still got a belly pattern then possibly just lavs? Hypo lavs?
Do you have photo's of the parents of this clutch? Sometimes a het. bloodred can be mis I.D. as a bloodred. If the parents are blood het. hypo & Lav, then you will get bloods, hypo bloods, lav bloods & hypo lav bloods. You will not be able to get lavs or hypo lavs because the parents are Homo bloods. How many of each morph did you hatch out in this clutch? Any normals? I too have never hatched out hypo Lavender bloods either but i did hatch out my 1st hypo Lavenders this year. I also hatched out 100% het bloods and I must say that their are two that have a very strong blood look. They still have some belly checkers, but the have the "bald" head look. What I'm thinking is that one of your parents is Het. blood not Homo. It looks to me that you have lavenders and hypo lavenders.

The Joy of breeding corns!!!!

Dusty Jones :alien:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!