lots of turtles and tortoises for sale - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #41
MaCkyBoy
I am interested in Red Ear Sliders - Hos much are they?

Old 06-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #42
daniel barrios
how much is it for you baby sulcata tortoises each w/ S&H?

Old 06-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #43
whytepizza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Billingsley
I wish to advise all the customers that 99% of what this gentleman is selling is HIGHLY illegal in the State of Indiana. It is a jailable offense to have eastern box turtles, spotted turtles and ornate box turtles. It is illegal to sell any turtle/tortoise under 4" in this state (new state law). So, I'll go out on a limb and say.. this is either a sting operation, to entrap unsuspected people, or this guy is really really..... going to be spending some quality time in our prison system, soon. You've been warned....
Actually it's only for the sale and distribution of turtles WITHIN the state. If they are shipping outside state lines it doesn't matter. NJ is the same way. Turtle and tortoise selling or buying is illegal in its entirety here, unless, of corse, it is from out of state and flown in and not a natively endangered species. People who have had them for years, and the law suddenly changes, are not obligated to give up their species unless deemed a health risk (like cows with mad cow disease). It is also illegal to transport over the NJ and IN state line by ground. You can look up the state laws. Here's a starter: http://aboxturtle.com/four_inch_law.htm
The link is for Indiana only but tehre is a link for all states. keep close attention to this section:
(d) Exceptions. The provisions of this section are not applicable to:
(1) The sale, holding for sale, and distribution of live turtles and viable turtle eggs for bona fide scientific, educational, or
exhibitional purposes, other than use as pets.
(2) The sale, holding for sale, and distribution of live turtles and viable turtle eggs not in connection with a business.
(3) The sale, holding for sale, and distribution of live turtles and viable turtle eggs intended for export only, provided that the outside of the shipping package is conspicuously labeled ``For Export Only.''
(4) Marine turtles excluded from this regulation under the
provisions of paragraph (a) of this section and eggs of such turtles.

Collection of some species in the wild is outlawed, especially if endangered by the state or fedral government.
http://www.state.in.us/dnr/public/ma.../ask_a_co.html
Other than that it's all good! exporting them is fine, if outside state lines. If over four inches and sold in state tax must be collected on the sale.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #44
GREAT BALLS
How much for your red footed tortoises? How much to ship to Philadelphia, Pa. 19134

Old 07-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #45
iloveturts
how much for the common musk and how big is it

Old 07-07-2008, 11:33 PM   #46
Ron Billingsley
Man, I wish this tread would be removed....... these animals are ILLEGAL in Indiana to sell.... don't break the law....REMOVE, REMOVE, REMOVE... Back to your regular program....

Old 07-19-2008, 03:24 AM   #47
lissapoppy
I would really like to see what turtles and tortoises you have for sale. I am really interested in the eastern box turtle, any size.(a baby would be really nice though) Please let me know whether you have anything I can buy from you. Thanks, Lissa

Old 07-19-2008, 03:50 AM   #48
TrulyRare
You should list the price for all of them

Old 07-19-2008, 03:59 AM   #49
lissapoppy
Please email me with info on prices and availability of any turtles/tortoises you have.
tommylloyd@peoplepc.com

Old 07-19-2008, 04:03 AM   #50
TrulyRare
Its not illegal i don't think to sell them out of state, thats the way it is here in tn, you can have them, but not sell them locally, you can ship out of state. and it hink its a stupid law in the first place.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread