Hypo het lavender bloodred x Het hypo, lavender, bloodred & anery! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
mvite
Talking Hypo het lavender bloodred x Het hypo, lavender, bloodred & anery!

I've been a little down on my hobby lately---but I just got my reminder of why it's so cool!

I have a normal male that is a proven quad het for hypo, lavender, bloodred and anery.

I also have a hypo female that is het for lavender & bloodred. (and it turns out she is het for anery also)

The first three are out of the egg and I'm already perplexed!

This male is a hypo lavender.

I think this is a hypo.

The third one has me confused--but it may be a cool looking normal.

There are 5 more eggs. Three of them look interesting...

I love it cuz they are like jelly beans that poop!

Let me know if you have any input as to what you think they may be!

Mark

Old 08-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
DAND
Cool looking trio thus far. The hypo lav is still one of my favorites. The second does look like a hypo and last a normal. Keep us updated on the rest.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
mvite
Thanks Dave--It's killing me to not call you Dan, btw.

A couple more for my impatient ass.

This has a clear belly--I think it's a hypo bloodred.

A lavender

This one is weird--Anery bloodred? although there is red in there...

At first, I was kind of disappointed that there was an unknown anery gene in the hypo female. But I realized that I can now not only make hypo lavender bloodreds with them but I can also make ghost bloodreds.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
mvite
That 3rd one up there just crawled out and it's a straight BR.

All the thrill has emerged from this clutch--methinks.

I double-clutched 'em so we'll see what the larger clutch brings.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:51 AM   #5
TripleMoonsExotic
Based on the dorsal picture of the three, I would guess Hypo Lavender Diffusion, Diffusion and Hypo. Always check the belly for lack of checkers for confirmation of Diffusion though. Sometimes heterozygous for Diffusion can express increased red pigment and and reduced (not absent) belly checkers.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #6
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Based on the dorsal picture of the three, I would guess Hypo Lavender Diffusion, Diffusion and Hypo. Always check the belly for lack of checkers for confirmation of Diffusion though. Sometimes heterozygous for Diffusion can express increased red pigment and and reduced (not absent) belly checkers.
Thanks Stephanie! Do you mean that the hypo lav could actually be a hypo lavender bloodred?

That "hypo bloodred" above came all the way out this morning. The tail area looks purplish---I will get some pics when I get home from work.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #7
TripleMoonsExotic
Yes, based specifically on that head pattern, I would say Diffusion...But I would back that up with looking very, very closely at the ventral for signs of checkers. It doesn't look like those first three have any actual diffusing pattern on their sides, but neither do mine and I know for a fact they are Diffusion. They can actually outgrow that and gain it as they reach adulthood.

Granite with not so great diffusing sides:
Attachment 88857

Old 08-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #8
mvite
WOOT! I will take some more pics soon. The only problem with hatching all these different babies is that I don't think I want to get rid of any of these!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #9
mvite
I could hardly wait to get home to get these pics!

belly shots of the hypo lav confuse --- er I mean diffuse?

This is the one that I thought was a hypo diffuse/BR. But maybe not? I think I am forcing myself to see a purplish hue....but I'll be better able to tell after a shed. She's out too early and smaller than the rest.

Family photo!

Old 08-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #10
mvite
I see you readin and my heart is going bump bump bump! 3MX!

whaddya think??? hypo plasma??

Friday night on the corn snake forum, we are old.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bloodred, corn snake, lavender