I am SO MAD!!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:06 PM   #21
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Looks like Lucky's going into shed and I bet once he does he'll look a MILLION times better.

Kudos man, kudos.
You may be right, but I was thinking he still has a retained cap on each eye. I already removed one from each eye. He blued within 1/2 hour of being in an actual environment with a little humidity, and has stayed that way. I notice a little puffyness around his eyes, but have to use a pistol scope or something to see better. He's just so damn little. I don't want to hurt or stress him any more.

I have heard of people using scotch tape to remove them before, but I am hesitant to try it.

Thanks everyone for the cheers. He is looking a little better already. We'll give him his go, and see what happens.

Thanks again,
Rick

Old 12-18-2006, 09:54 PM   #22
Cat_72
Awww......I didn't realize just how tiny the poor guy is, seeing him next to a Qtip really adds perspective.

Lucky is a very fitting name, for sure.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:22 PM   #23
markface
poor little guy . i really hope he improves for you . the last pic posted looks 1000 times better than he did in the first pic . my hat is off to you .

Old 12-18-2006, 10:23 PM   #24
Wilomn
Over the years, especially when I had my shop and was dealing with doofuses aplenty, we used duct tape. If it's just a retained eyecap, a piece of sking that is already detached and simply needs removing, you need something REALLY sticky to get it off.

Duct tape has soooooooooooooooooooo many uses, eyecap removal being merely one of the more obscure.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:41 AM   #25
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Over the years, especially when I had my shop and was dealing with doofuses aplenty, we used duct tape. If it's just a retained eyecap, a piece of sking that is already detached and simply needs removing, you need something REALLY sticky to get it off.

Duct tape has soooooooooooooooooooo many uses, eyecap removal being merely one of the more obscure.
Thanks Wes. I don't want to try it till I am SURE it's a retained cap, but nice to know that method may work out.

Some news, I stuck him last nite with another dose of Baytril, and he actually BIT me. LOL Funniest thing I ever saw watching him try to fit his mouth over my thumb. Than he put on a GREAT BIG display of a hissy fit for around five minutes. Pretty loud noise from a guy who can't breath that well right now. I was expecting something to come flying out. LOL Needless to say, I'm taking that as a good sign, and a thanks from Lucky.

Thanks again for all the support.
Rick

Old 12-19-2006, 09:04 AM   #26
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
.... Needless to say, I'm taking that as a good sign,
Rick
Yea i would too.
If he has that much energy to through a fit ,then then it shows he has enough strengh to pull through this ordeal.
Mabye even the will to survive.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:41 PM   #27
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Looks like Lucky's going into shed and I bet once he does he'll look a MILLION times better.

Kudos man, kudos.
Right on the money bud! I caught him trying, but I wanted to make sure he got the caps off, so I helped him with his head, and let him finish it out. He's kinda purty actually. LOL

How's he look now?

Look fow frikin dark his tail bands are..............

I think he's gonna do just fine. I gotta get him to eat though. I'm sure he'll be doing that pretty soon.

Enjoy the pics.
Rick

Old 01-21-2007, 10:29 PM   #28
PythonGuy
Can't believe nobody has replied to this. He looks awesome, you did a fantastic job. I kept expecting the next post from you to be a death notification. I am so happy he made it through. I was wondering if he has he eaten yet?

Old 01-21-2007, 10:54 PM   #29
texasnewbie
His mouth looks so much better, he looks like a different snake already. He's lucky you found him. The name is very apt.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:10 PM   #30
jfoster38122
I just want to say a BIG thank you for what you are doing.

Jerry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!