Any clues? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
sienna00
Question Any clues?

Hello everyone
My Tampa (silver ghost queen cornsnake)/ Mr. Noodles (gold dust motley) had babies and all of them hatched. I tried to use the genetic calculator to help me understand what they are but I am still unsure. I think the dark ones might be coral ghost or just are they normals I don't know I'm just an amateur. I wish I could post more pictures the dark ones have a fair amount of red rust on them. The pink ones vary from dark pink to light pink but they have red eyes. If anyone could help me figure this out I'd be grateful. Thank you in advance.
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Pasodama
In the first pic, that appears to be an Ultramel (het Anery, Caramel, Hypo, & Motley).
In the second pic, one would almost think Amel but the eyes appear to be those of an Ultramel and it does not have white borders. Thus, I would say Ultramel (het Anery, Caramel, Hypo, & Motley).
In the third pic are Classics (Normals) het Anery, Caramel, Hypo, Motley, & Amel or Ultra (cannot be het for Ultra and Amel, otherwise it would show in their phenotype, so they have one or the other).
To add ....
- It is possible that you have an Amel, or two, (such as the one in the egg is possible?) but, without seeing those (including their eyes), I can only tell you what I see in the pics you have provided.
- As far as the eyes go, Amels will have pink/red eyes while Ultramels can have ruby pupils with a non red/pink iris.
- An Anery hatchling will have absolutely no red, orange, tan, yellow (although it can have tan or yellow when older &/or as an adult).
- A Caramel hatchling can look very similar to an Anery, and can have some yellow or tan spots of color (no orange or red), but it seems unlikely that your female is het Caramel and I do not see something, in the hatchlings, that stand out as being Caramel.
- The Ultramels could just as easily be Hypos but, to me, they have the look of Ultramels and I do not see any actual Hypos standing out (which means that the father is unlikely het Hypo ... not that he 100% isn't but that it is rather unlikely).

Old 10-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
chris1968
Looks like Pasodama has your answer Sienna. The likeliest scenario is that your Silverqueen ghost, a line-bred hypo A(?) anery A is het amel, and crossed to your ultramel caramel motley resulted in a clutch of normals and ultramels, and the "lighter ones" you are talking about sounding like amels...?...more pics please, at least of the one hatchling in the first pic that was still in the egg top right

Old 10-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #4
sienna00
Thank you deb and Chris for your feedback its been driving me crazy the book i have offer little incitement of this matter. My daughter has named the (ultra mel) Neptune and darker (amel) Saturn and vows to be their take giver for the rest of her life. I can't wait to give her the results that you both have given me. Here's a few more pictures. Thanks again.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
sienna00
Lightbulb saturn neptune and no name

Thanks again
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
chris1968
1st and 2nd pic looks like (left to right) an Ultramel, a much darker ultramel (?) and an amel, the last pic looks like normals in shed.

Neat stuff :*)

Old 10-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
chris1968
Just going to guess, but the snake in the middle of the first two pics looks like a hypo, and not an ultramel, so maybe the gold dust motley is het hypo?

Old 10-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #8
Pasodama
I agree with Chris on the latest pics/hatchlings.
That center baby, in the first two pics, would likely need to be test bred for Hypo vs. Ultra.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!