I need some opinions and advice please - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
Dz01
I need some opinions and advice please

Hi: I'm really new on the snake word and I'm looking for some feed back from you guys with more knowledge. This is the thing. What do you guys think that will be better for me to match with a male sharp albino 66% anery that I have on future? A het sharp female or a PH anery out of two DH (In the little from where she come from, there’s albinos, one snow, 4 anerys and normal hets) So! What will be a the better option to match? the het sharp or the PH anery?
What can be the outcome with the Anery Ph and with the Het sharp?

Thanks for your help!!! your opinions will be important to me to take a decision about wich one I will get during this week.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
Well, if price isn't a concern and you're equally open to either of them, then the smartest choice by far is the het sharp.
Your male is a visual sharp, so if you get a 100% het female, then you can know you'll have some sharp albino babies.

The other choice is not actually a pos het anery, it's pos het snow. Since both parents were double hets, then the normal looking offspring have the possibility of carrying either or both genes. However, it's just a possibility, and your male being only pos het anery creates too many questions in the litter to me, although you may not mind it.
If that female was carrying the albino gene, then you would produce albinos, but with both of them only being pos het anery, unless you produced one, then you'd never know if either one is het anery or if neither is.

If your male was 100% het anery, then I'd say roll the dice and see if you could score a snow, but since that's not the case I'd say go for the sure thing of sharp albinos and wait and get a 100$ double het female later, or even better an anery female 100% het for sharp.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
hhmoore
The other thing to consider would be which strain of albinism is involved with the second female. If it isn't specifically stated, I wouldn't assume it is Sharp...and if it is Kahl, it won't do you a whole lot of good.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
Dz01
Thanks A lot Clay!!!!

Old 03-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #5
Dz01
Yes! both females the het and the Ph are from Sharp albino.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #6
Dz01
Thanks! hhmoore!!!

Old 03-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #7
Dz01
And one more thing the It's a anery Ph sharp

Old 03-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
Clay Davenport
Ohhhh, I misunderstood the wording. I thought you were saying it was a normal looking female that was pos het anery.
If she's a visual anery and 66% pos het sharp then that is a bit different.

In that case, it boils down to just how much of a gambler are you? You have a more or less sure thing with getting sharp albinos, as opposed to a chance of getting snows.
Both being pos hets, it's far from a sure bet, but at the very least you'd produce a litter of 100% DH snows.

That being the case, I think I'd roll the dice and get the anery pos het sharp. Since they're both 66%, there's a decent chance you'll hit on at least one of them and produce either a few albinos or a few anerys. Best case you'll hit both and get the snow.
The added anticipation of wondering what she'll throw after you see she's gravid will make it that much better. With the other female, you'd just wonder how many would be albino, but there's no surprise factor lol.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #9
Dz01
Wow!!! That's really kool!!

Old 03-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #10
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport View Post
Ohhhh, I misunderstood the wording. I thought you were saying it was a normal looking female that was pos het anery.
If she's a visual anery and 66% pos het sharp then that is a bit different.

In that case, it boils down to just how much of a gambler are you? You have a more or less sure thing with getting sharp albinos, as opposed to a chance of getting snows.
Both being pos hets, it's far from a sure bet, but at the very least you'd produce a litter of 100% DH snows.

That being the case, I think I'd roll the dice and get the anery pos het sharp. Since they're both 66%, there's a decent chance you'll hit on at least one of them and produce either a few albinos or a few anerys. Best case you'll hit both and get the snow.
The added anticipation of wondering what she'll throw after you see she's gravid will make it that much better. With the other female, you'd just wonder how many would be albino, but there's no surprise factor lol.
with that pairing you'll get the most out of your female. I could use some more info on the pairing that made the snow, but just go with clay lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!