orange "ghana" ball imports - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-10-2004, 11:38 PM   #1
bytheshore1
orange "ghana" ball imports

about a month ago i went to my distibutor and he had just recieved a new shipment of ball babies. his employee let me go thru them before the owner did and i picked out several very bright orange babies. they looked completely different from the others, they dont have the white bellies of a pastel but are very unique looking. i have seen others selling these snakes as pastels for a lot of money to unsuspevting buyers. i know they are not pastels and probably nothing more than good looking normals but i am keeping 2 males and 3 females to see what they turn out to be. does anybody have any experience or comments on these "unique" snakes? thanks, tim
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2004, 12:32 AM   #2
btaylor
These "unique snakes" as you call them are normals - nice normals but normals. The so called orange will turn brown as the snake gets older - same happens with pastels. When I pick out babies to buy I don't look for orange - I look for light yellow. Just my .02
BT

Old 06-11-2004, 01:09 AM   #3
bytheshore1
now i know the same thing does not happen to pastels as i have seen adult pastels that were just as light colored as babies. and i have seen more orange/copper colored adults as well that started out as very light babies. i dont know if they were from the same local as mine but they have a simialar color. i am not saying that these wont darken, they might but i am going to see what happens.

Old 06-11-2004, 02:20 AM   #4
btaylor
Light colored adult pastels were light (yellow) colored babies not orange. Baby pastels with a lot of orange DO fade to brown when they get older. Pastel are graded as far as appearance and so goes the price. Cheaper pastel - lesser quality in appearence. Higher in price - nicer appearance. Buy a real pastel with a lot of orange and see if it doesn't fade - it WILL. I'm not putting down your normals - they are nice but they are normal CH babies - a dime a dozen. Believe me as many times as CH babies trade hands before the are sold to Joe Public all the good stuff (pastels, ghost, ect. ect.) IS taken out and sold as such.
BT

Old 06-11-2004, 11:29 AM   #5
Glenn Bartley
Maybe it is me, maybe it is the camera or the computer, or maybe it realy is the snake - I just do not see any orange at all.

Old 06-11-2004, 01:34 PM   #6
bytheshore1
i think its the upload because i look at real picture and it looks orange. it seemed to turn more yellow on the pc.

Old 06-11-2004, 09:04 PM   #7
btaylor
I don't see the orange either - just yellow. Nice normals though. IMO I'd rather have light/high yellows over orange anyday. The orange ones will turn (brown) darker. Just my .02
BT

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!