Noob - Cage and temp help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-15-2016, 10:40 PM   #1
RFD32466
Noob - Cage and temp help

Hi,

3 - 3-4 month Leapords in a 23 gallon cage. I know-- if they are two males or start fighting split them up already have cages ready to go. Cage is 30"x18"X13"

So does this sound right?

Hot side-- 50W dome basking, 40W red dome, UTH -- 90-92
Cool side - 5W UVB just for cosmetic 80-85
Night temp - 70 UTH on 24/7

Three hiding - 1 hot - 1 middle Moss for moisture - - 1 cool

Water dish- calc dish

Feeding 35 - gut load and dusted Crickets 30 minutes after lights go out.

Don't see them basking at all they are active when out of cage and of course at night.

What am I missing - I think I am going to add more butter or wax worms fatten up a little. --

Two have gone through sheds- clear eyes

Taco is active - plays all the time
Blue is fun active most of the time calm to hold
IGBM (Don't ask)-- playful - little hyper -

Anything to change, observe, improve?

What is Rephasy?

Thanks
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2016, 01:10 AM   #2
beckm88
You can sell your basking lights I believe. Depending on the person, lights are pretty unnecessary for leopard geckos. A low UVB red light during the day is recommended if you just want one. Basking rocks and lights are not needed because leopard geckos get their calcium through what they eat and absorb and are not basking reptiles. Make sure to feed them calcium dusted crickets and supplement dusted crickets (do some research to find out the best feeding plan for you!) and if you want to store or sell your lights. In some cases leopard actually get sunburn from high UVB lights being kept in their living spaces, so be careful and have fun! Take care, Beck.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:13 AM   #3
beckm88
Also remember butter and waxworms are special treats! Try not to feed them more than 3 worms a piece a week. I like to do five waxworms a gecko a month. Too many can cause fatty liver disease and with a steady diet over time your geckos will fatten up on their own. Also sometimes leopard geckos will go on hunger strikes! Do a little research on that too, but the rule of thumb is if they're not sickly or rapidly losing weight, just keep offering food until they begin eating again. -Beck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!