Indo Tree Boas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-18-2006, 02:13 AM   #1
ravensgait
Indo Tree Boas

Anyone own any?
I have a few and wonder why they are not more popular. Ok they are not as colorful as Emeralds or Chondro's but don't cost as much either. A lot easier going animals that are smaller (babies are really small) don't seem to want to bite day or night and sit out where you can see them most of the time like ETBs and GTPs. There are a number of Boas and Pythons like these guys that for some reason are just not very popular. Here are a couple of mine.Randy

Female Solomon island, her back ground color doesn't show well in the photo but is a pale blue

Male Waiego island

Male Waiego and female on the ground, one day they're up perched the next on the ground.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:36 PM   #2
Keith Campbell
I had a group of Solomon Isl. grd. boas about ten years ago and loved them. My wife and I liked a pair of Bibrons boas (?? can anyone positively identify) we found in KY two weeks ago, and we took them home. Here are a few pics. Male juvenile is pic. 1. He will turn yellow at times. The female had mouth injuries (now recovered) but she also has a funny eye. She's now eaten a couple of lizards but won't eat pinks yet. She's very small can't wait till she gets big. They will surely be some fun snakes to work with again.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2006, 07:50 PM   #3
The Nothing
my only excuse is that i've not come across any yet

Old 04-19-2006, 08:23 AM   #4
hhmoore
I have to admit that I've considered them, but decided that I just didn't have enough interest. I like my ATBs, despite their reputations and inclinations.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:42 AM   #5
ravensgait
Do like the ATBs I keep 2 or 3 around all the time. But it sure is nice to be able to stick my arm in a cage and not have to worry about Blood loss. I get a kick out of one of my female ATBs she's never had live food and will run from a live mouse yet will bite me just for cause.. Randy

Old 04-19-2006, 09:46 AM   #6
ravensgait
Keith I can't say as I've heard of that local- Bibron, may be an island like Waiego. Nice looking animals, Can you post some better pics of them. Randy

Old 04-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #7
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
Do like the ATBs I keep 2 or 3 around all the time. But it sure is nice to be able to stick my arm in a cage and not have to worry about Blood loss. I get a kick out of one of my female ATBs she's never had live food and will run from a live mouse yet will bite me just for cause.. Randy
I think that's part of what I like about them

Old 07-13-2006, 04:18 PM   #8
liquidleaf
Ahh..

So the "bibron's python" I'm looking for information about may be a "bibron's tree boa" after all? Any care information? (Looking for info for a rescue snake)....

Old 07-13-2006, 04:30 PM   #9
ravensgait
Lauren what do you need to know? (post a photo of the snake)Start a new thread if you need care info ETC ,, be glad to help yopu out. Randy

Old 07-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #10
liquidleaf
Thanks, I found a caresheet on KS. Tough to find a caresheet for an animal I've never seen! I didn't even have a description to go on, but sounds like it is Candoia bibroni. Thanks for the help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!