carpet python hatchlings - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-09-2016, 10:24 PM   #1
rev2ver2
carpet python hatchlings

Hello! I have 8 hatchling j.j.c.p that i am having a lot of trouble getting to feed on there own. I have tried just about everything i have heard of to get them to eat (paper bag, live,pinky mice,pinky rats, cutting the nose/ brains, leaving them over night, feathers, lizard skin, live lizards ect...) any other suggestions i am getting quite worried that they wont eat and not sure what else to do. Anything would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance
Rob v

Old 10-10-2016, 11:15 PM   #2
CB Reptiles
Live mouse hopper mice does the trick for me usually!

Old 11-09-2016, 05:31 PM   #3
creatism123
Live hoppers, and time, my hatchies usually go 4-5 weeks after their first shed before I even try to feed them. Patience and time.
They may not look like it, but they can take a hopper mouse easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 11-10-2016, 01:49 PM   #4
yeloowtang
agree with the suggestions too, pinky anything simply doesn't move enough to get the instinct going.. little hoppers should get their attention.. if that fails, you might need to assist the first meals, sometimes just once gets the ball rolling.. but don't get worried until the 7-8th week after shed.
on the 8th week, if they still shy away and refuse to eat, I would assist them with something small that is easy to get in their mouths .. at first just hold it in pace and see if the feeding response starts, if it does, just let them do the work..
if they fight it off and try to spit it out.. use some small and smooth like a sexing probe and carefully push it in slowly.. usually when it's half way in they do the rest..

best of luck

Old 12-11-2016, 08:41 PM   #5
Morelia House
How are things with your hatchlings going? Are they feeding any better?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!