Oh I'm so excited!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
AcePythons
Oh I'm so excited!!

So some of you from chat know my story and some of you don't. I purchased a pastel female back in January and left her where I bought her so she could be bred to a Super Mocha. They ended up selling the Super Mocha so I took her back to my house and kept her here.

In the mean time I bought and quarantined a butter male and after a while I thought that my pastel was not gravid because she was only intermittently showing signs and was still eating. So I have been occasionally putting the butter male in with her on and off and to my disappointment, they wouldn't breed.

I have been gettin SO frustrated!!! GRR!! Lol. So today I decided to take her to get palpated by the person I bought her from. I knew I probably wasn't palpating hard enough or correctly but I still thought I'd be able to feel something.....turns out I was wrong.

I held her front end and he started palpating and suddenly he goes "...One...two....three....four....." and I was like OMG!

Then he does it again "...one...two....three....four...five!!"

Did it a third time just to verify and sure enough he felt 5 follicles and he said very large ones at that. He said I should be expecting my pre-lay shed any time now!! And now it makes sense that she didn't breed with my butter.

Time to get my butt in gear and make my new incubator (I have my lil one running just in case...have the whole time...but I just want a bigger one).

I know I have no pics or whatever for this section, I just am REALLY excited and wanted to 'vent' LOL! :P

Thanks for reading!!

Old 05-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Utta
Majer gratez! Good luck! Hope the odd gods are with you!

Old 05-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
Melinda
yay!! I have got to learn how to palpitate.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
AcePythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
yay!! I have got to learn how to palpitate.
Me too. I was just too afraid to press hard LOL. She didn't even mind, so I guess they're tougher than I think. I was just afraid I would hurt her so I was super gentle.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
TheFragginDragon
A most excellent development Catherine, congratulations!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!