Curiosity about hots - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-31-2016, 05:31 PM   #11
hotlips
And by the way, as far as snake-breeding as a career..."don't quit your day job"!
It's not an easy replacement for a full-time job...in fact, it's more like farming, in
that animals that you are counting on can & do get sick & die, or fail to reproduce.

And usually by the time you invest in something rare & manage to raise it, others
already have & the prices have dropped...or the latest fad has changed. it really
takes a great deal of luck plus hard work to make much money at snake-breeding.

One piece of advice as far as working with hots (or any animals) is to avoid using
force. I devised my own 'shift-cages' that snakes willingly entered (or with minimal nudging) and the result is far less risk to the keeper & far less stress to the snake,
a "win-win". (BTW, you couldn't pay me enough to milk them for venom!)

Old 01-01-2017, 09:52 PM   #12
deviljho
Oh no, I already intended to do such. Get a day job and have that be primary source of income till breeding can take off. I try to think forward, thankfully the specifics of what I'm looking at going into aren't too prevalent today, hoping they don't.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!