Inquiry Fred Kick - Reptile Addicts - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #11
Serpents Lair
No, as most sellers will not after 24 hours have passed. They seemed just fine honestly. One ate no problem. The other would not. The one that didn't eat dropped weight very quickly and passed away within 1 week. The other one lived 2 weeks, ate 2 mice. Then died the day after it ate for the second time. (not over fed mind you, she was thin). I am just happy I quaranteened them!

Old 10-24-2012, 11:56 PM   #12
outlawtrucker
I second the motion "NO"

Old 10-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #13
Gangemiw
I think fred and his brother are great guys i have known them for a long time and are family friends of mine, i dont think there is any reason to be hesitant about buying from him

Old 10-25-2012, 02:39 AM   #14
ReptileJay
I can think of HUNDREDS of reasons to NEVER buy from them...

These are by FAR some of the worst guys in the entire hobby... I wouldn't even TAKE animals from them for FREE, let alone give them money...

They have a store that fairly consistently has (or has had every time I've been in there) cage after cage of dead animals...

They do NOT honor their guarantees (as I found out the hard way when I was younger), I would bet money that their "Hets" are not Hets at all, and I have NEVER heard a single REPUTABLE person say a single GOOD thing about them...

Bottom line, DO NOT DEAL WITH THE KICK'S...

(unless of course you support their sort of behavior... in which case, perhaps this isn't the hobby for you...)

Old 10-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #15
Gangemiw
Well that's your opinion but being family friends with them they have never sold me a bad animals. Maybe it's just luck of the draw and reputable? I can't under stand what that's supposed to mean?

Old 10-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #16
ReptileJay
What it is supposed to mean is that of ALL the people I know in this hobby (and there are MANY), I have NEVER met a single person that I would consider doing business with and that has shown themselves to be "good guys" that have EVER said a single good thing about the Kick bros... (and I can't even begin to count the number of BAD things I've heard and witnessed)

If you are a close family friend then how can you make any unbiased judgement of their business?

It makes sense that they will do what's right by "family", but as far as the community goes, they couldn't care less about who they screw over... They've shown that time and time again...

Additionally, they have a very outstanding reputation for selling animals that are sick/mite infested/etc... I know for a FACT that they do not honor their guarantees because they refused to honor a guarantee on an animal that I had purchased from their store when I was much younger (prior to KNOWING how bad they were)...

And it wasn't a cheap animal... I saved up a LONG time to raise $500 to buy that snake... Guaranteed healthy for 7 days, money back guarantee, but I wasn't allowed to closely examine the snake in the poorly lit store...

Got home, snake clearly had a RI and Mouth Rot... and he died in less than 24 hours. First thing in the morning, I returned to the store to explain the situation and get my money back simply to hear "Come back when you know something about reptiles, Get out!"
(keep in mind this is while standing next to an enclosure with a reticulated python in it with MONTHS worth of feces laying beside it, and beside the Dart frog Genocide habitat, containing various levels of decayed/decaying dart frogs along with a few live ones... Skeletons included)...

I'm sorry, but I GUARANTEE that I know more about reptiles (and even knew more back then) than they do now... To them this is a way to make money and nothing more. They don't care about the animals, and they don't care about the customer.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #17
outlawtrucker
Well said

Old 10-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #18
predators
The Kicks came into my buddy's store one day to buy some animals.. I was there at the time. They were the rudest and most arrogant people I have ever met in this business. They looked at my friend and his place like it was beneath them.. I do not know the quality of there animals but, as far people go they are not very nice..

Old 10-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #19
allamericanPD
Beware. Be very aware. Just save spend your money with a better person with better animals. They will die alot

Old 10-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #20
sanguine_mercantile
Just do a search on Google for Fred Kick - Reptile Addicts. If that does not change your mind, nothing will.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!