Lots of lizards and a few more critters...(DU warning) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
daniel1983
Lots of lizards and a few more critters...(DU warning)

I have been herping a few times since the weather has warmed up and just thought I would share some pictures.

Some eastern fence lizards...

Green anole...

Five lined skink...

And a few more critters that I have spotted in the woods....

Old 04-12-2006, 11:20 PM   #2
markface
very cool . i cant wait till i can get out . the weather is going to be in the 70's all week so i'm hoping to see something out there .

Old 04-13-2006, 02:46 AM   #3
reptilebreeder
Wow. Nice pics. Love those shots of the Fence Lizard. I don't understand why that opposum isn't trying to fight you. LOL
P.S. What camera/lens did you use?

Old 04-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
daniel1983
I use a Sony DSC-H1 w/out any special lenses. This camera is great outdoors.

That possum was one of two that causually walked within 15 ft of me....ha ha...they don't have the best vision. It was in the middle of the day too, I have never seen possums out like that in the middle of the day. Must be mating season...

Old 04-13-2006, 12:06 PM   #5
Bill & Amy
Awesome pics Daniel!!!! I either need a new camera or need to learn how to use the one I got.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
daniel1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
I either need a new camera or need to learn how to use the one I got.
The key is to take as many pictures as you possibly can...when I go out in the field, I generally take a little over 300 pictures(thats what my memory stick will hold)......but only 5 of the 300 will be decent enough to show to anyone This camera can do all kinda stuff......but all I usually do is adjust the flash settings...ha...no expert photographer by far

Old 04-13-2006, 03:37 PM   #7
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel1983
I use a Sony DSC-H1 w/out any special lenses. This camera is great outdoors....
Thanks for the info. I've decided to finally get a digital camera. For some reason I'm into the latest technology when it comes to some things like cell phones, and especially computers, but could never let go of my "real" SLR camera. I've finally decided to take the plunge, so I'll check out the info on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel1983
That possum was one of two that causually walked within 15 ft of me....ha ha...they don't have the best vision. It was in the middle of the day too, I have never seen possums out like that in the middle of the day. Must be mating season...
Yeah, that is kinda weird. I've never seen one out wandering in broad daylight like that either. I've pissed some off by accidentally disturbing them while they were sleeping somewhere, but I've only seen them on the move at dusk, dawn, and at night.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!