Ruthveni (Queratero) male wanted - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-25-2005, 01:48 AM   #1
fware
Ruthveni (Queratero) male wanted

Have a female Ruthveni would like a male. Can a pair be kept together? I doubt it but I'd like an expert's opinion. Are some species easier to house together? I'd like to concentrate on Kings.
Thanks
Hildy
N CA

Old 03-25-2005, 01:25 PM   #2
Uncloudy
I'm no expert, but I've had kings for over 6 years now.
You cannot house kingsnakes together, the only time kingsnakes are together is for breeding and that's for short periods of time and closely monitored. If you kept/housed two kings together you'd end up with one big one. Basically, all kingsnakes have to be individually housed due to the fact they are snake eaters. If you are getting into kings and want many of them, the best way to go is a rack system.
Is your Ruthveni an albino or regular (red, black, and white)?
Have fun,
Uncloudy

Old 03-27-2005, 03:54 PM   #3
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by fware
Have a female Ruthveni would like a male. Can a pair be kept together? I doubt it but I'd like an expert's opinion. Are some species easier to house together? I'd like to concentrate on Kings.
Thanks
Hildy
N CA
I wouldn't suggest housing ANY Kings together. They are known snake eaters and housing them together could result in the loss of one or both.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!