Cold packs? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
FireStorm
Cold packs?

Last year I did all my shipping in the fall (I was traveling most of the summer) and so I never needed any cold packs. It looks like this year I may need some, so I was wondering what everyone used for cold packs. I have access to a pretty much unlimited free supply of Cryopaks (the gel kind) from work...are these appropriate? Or do I need to order something else? I just want to get everything on hand in case I need it...

Old 06-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
axeman
I was reading up on cold packs as well. I read on another site (can't remember which one) that people were using something called a Phase 22 pouch. Can't remember any other details and the links I saved are dead. Maybe a google search will tell you more.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
jmp745
I kinda hope you get some more replies. I came here looking for the same info. I see these, which are Phase 22 Cold Pack, and something called "cold cells". Curious what most people are using, and how well these things actually work...

http://www.reptilesexpress.com/Depar...old-Packs.aspx

Old 06-26-2012, 03:57 AM   #4
mikepanzarella
i just ordered the phase 22 cold packs to use for shipping ill let you guys know how things work out it says they temps are going to stay between 65-75 and i need to ship where temps are triple digits so its the worst it can get lol (shipping feeders i would never test on a reptile)
i should be getting them this week and shipping monday

Old 06-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #5
axeman
Mike, did you get the hard plastic panels or the pouches? Just wondering which would be better. Please keep us updated as I am looking into those. I live in Phoenix and that would make shipping easier.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
mikepanzarella
looks like the pouches it didnt give me an option to pick
it says they are reusable so thats a big plus
they will be here in the morning but waiting till monday to ship out
im trying it 2-3 usps with dubias lol to phoenix
for $4.33 each they better be 72 hour packs

Old 06-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
axeman
I just saw your link. Those look like the pouches. The panels look like the old hard plastic blue ice packs like for a cooler. I did read that the frog people have been using them and charging a deposit. That way you get it back then refund the deposit. Guess you could eat the cost or add it in with the shipping. Either way, still a good way to cool a shipment. I haven't heard how long they last though. Let us know. It is going to be hot this week in Phoenix. Supposed to be 110+. Good luck with your shipment.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
axeman
Sorry, meant the link Jayson left for reptile express.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #9
mikepanzarella
yeah they are the pouches they take very little time to freeze and about a day in my reptile room to defrost (had to test it lol)
the big test will be shipping from New York to Arizona 2-3 day priority (hold for pick up)
its going to be small roach nymphs so they should be good it seems to be the adults that drop dead in the heat

Old 06-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #10
axeman
Where did you order yours at? I need to order some soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!