My 1st Boa Breeding Attempt - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #61
gsrept
all mi am saying is my boas have full op to go to there hot spot but over all ambient temp in my room gets dropped i also use night time temp drops all year long i have bveen doing this for ovr 18 years never lost a boa or had ri problems the problem exists when you have prolonged periods of cold and dry humidity and i am not in it for profit i produce 2 litters at most every other year all my females get a year off i do not breed year after year like most folks do. i am not pushing my views on you so don't push your holyer than thou views on me.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #62
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
(Like to meet the extremist who'd try though )
LOL I actually thought up a HUGE outdoor enclosure/snake bldg once, complete with skylights, live plants & trees, a pond with a small circulating stream, misters set on timers all over the place like rainfall, exhaust fans for circulation, heated in key locations like dark hide areas, the whole room designed to drain through the lower floor.

One of these days I'll smarten up enough to BUY a place so I can actually build it. I thought this up long before I ever bred an animal though.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #63
Metachrosis
My "Holier Then Thou" has nothing to do with you "Explicitly" taking what I said and twisting it completely out of context.
Don't want the dog out,don't yank the chain!

Therefore my "current/future view" of you has nothing to do with cooling
BCI to breed
Further more,I take a firm stand against the practice of cooling BCI for propagation.I do not run away from my position just because someone stomps their foot in redundant opposition to my belief.You either come with equal or greater in context or you fall flat on your ass as most do.

Reptiles as with any other wild creature(s) are very simplistic life forms
the less human intrusion they are subjected to the better they thrive,thriving is inclusive to a complete life cycle.
Birth,Reproduction and Death,human intrusion has justified "fast tracking" this event to an irreversible state.

I personally don't need to literally know "everything" about Boa's
I do not need "cyber social acceptance" to be secure in my life,"I am"
without my snakes,"I am" without kissing cyber ass and a 6 digit post count.

What I "will be" is the first in line to stick a finger in the ass that attempts to suggest or support the creature this hobby has become.

If it didn't jeopardize "sales" there would be several "well knowns" that would tell you the same things.I'm not in this as a business and future sales are not even considered,therefore I can be the jackass many would so often like to be when dealing with the less then assumed intelligent dweebs that constantly regurge qouted data and statistics on public forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrept View Post
all mi am saying is my boas have full op to go to there hot spot but over all ambient temp in my room gets dropped i also use night time temp drops all year long i have bveen doing this for ovr 18 years never lost a boa or had ri problems the problem exists when you have prolonged periods of cold and dry humidity and i am not in it for profit i produce 2 litters at most every other year all my females get a year off i do not breed year after year like most folks do. i am not pushing my views on you so don't push your holyer than thou views on me.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #64
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
LOL I actually thought up a HUGE outdoor enclosure/snake bldg once, complete with skylights, live plants & trees, a pond with a small circulating stream, misters set on timers all over the place like rainfall, exhaust fans for circulation, heated in key locations like dark hide areas, the whole room designed to drain through the lower floor.

One of these days I'll smarten up enough to BUY a place so I can actually build it. I thought this up long before I ever bred an animal though.
Ooo, that sounds nice! Please elaborate. Will there be individual enclosures, and how would they be set up?

Old 03-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #65
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrept View Post
i am not pushing my views on you so don't push your holyer than thou views on me.

You came to my thread and joined the conversation in progress of Your Own Free Will.

I did not wander out into the nets, tie you up, and force you to read and respond to the views here. You choose too.

I welcome anyone to post their experiences, whether or not I agree with them.

Just don't cry like a baby when I don't roll over and worship you.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #66
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post

Come on Rick, pics! You know you have sketches of it laying around somewhere, if not a detailed to scale graph...

What kind of plants did you figure being able to hold up to the abuse?

I'd love to get a hold of a green house someday... ok, so I'd need a few

Old 03-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #67
crotalusadamanteus
Sketches gone long ago. But it wouldn't be hard to redo. It was meant to be 4 large walk in enclosures, separated by walls. Hadn't gotten as far as the plant life part to be honest. Always figured I'd do it later. LOL

One of these days though.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #68
Metachrosis
Rick, didn't you do a post over at the other house ?
You and Art both posted some sorta something didn't yah ?

Good Luck finding it some where around 1,500 post ago . . .

Old 03-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #69
crotalusadamanteus
That was an after thought based on my original thought, and enhanced a bit, but yeah, I think so. LOL

Old 03-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #70
crotalusadamanteus
Oh hell Tom, even you coulda done that one.

http://www.boaddiction.com/showthread.php?t=370

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boas, breeding, cooling, cycling, seasonality