Raptor Update - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
BoaSwag
Raptor Update

Not the best pics. Landlord just got done putting in the patio so it was a little dirty outside. Some pics show the pattern and others the color. Sorry for all this pics. Its hard to catch a big boa in 1 pic or maybe I'm just that inexperienced.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
Snakesitter
Sweet pair, and great photos!

Old 11-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
BoaSwag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
Sweet pair, and great photos!
Thanks! I cant wait to get to the Super Raptor. Thats gonna be crazy!

Old 11-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
I don't keep up on boa morphs like I used to so not familiar with Raptor, but those are beautiful boas and yes! It can be so difficult to get *good* full body shots of adults! I know that pain!

Old 11-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
BoaSwag
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I don't keep up on boa morphs like I used to so not familiar with Raptor, but those are beautiful boas and yes! It can be so difficult to get *good* full body shots of adults! I know that pain!
Thanks! I think they're beautiful also. You can go here http://www.reptileinsider.com/showth...rRaptors/page3 for a little thread on them or just go to the reptile report for more threads.

My main goal is a color morph of the Super Raptor.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
Helenthereef
They look so great in sunlight - glowing!

Old 11-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #7
BoaSwag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
They look so great in sunlight - glowing!
Thanks! Too bad outdoor photo season is over in the midwest. I'm going to have to get an indoor photography studio.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
I read the thread, so this is one of those morphs from Europe right? I think the "Kubush Pastel" is from over there too? So it says it's proven as incomplete dom but I didn't see enough breedings/results posted... maybe the info is elsewhere? (I generally ignore reptile report, it just compiles info and provides links to other sites as far as I could tell). I can't tell from the info provided if it actually is dom or just a line bred circleback/laddertail trait. I hope it proves out for you!

Old 11-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #9
BoaSwag
There are more breeding trials on the raptorboa website. He even has videos. Raptors do originate in Europe.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #10
crotalusadamanteus
I've been out of the loop for a while too. You say you are looking to get into "super" raptors. So these are Co-dominant? Or are you using the term to mean homozygous? Just asking because the term super is so over used these days it creates more confusion than it's worth. Used to be used to describe a homozygous Co-Dominant trait only.

But those are some good looking Boas. Always had a thing for full circles and connected saddles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!