oooo happy happy joy joy!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #1
RabidSasquatch10
oooo happy happy joy joy!!!

So, when I got my Sav I had him in a 20 gallon aquarium with newspaper...about 2 or 3 months ago I happened upon a 75 gallon aquarium. I proceeded to put him in there with newspaper and plenty of activities. Then I proceeded to get rid of the newspaper and do something I have always wanted to do. I put a nice background on and layered the enclosure with some top soil! On top of that my friend gave me his Plated Lizard and now my Sav is enjoying a nice home with a new friend! It's exciting! I just thought you should know...all right back to work...

I'll post pics later...their names are Darko (sav) and Wallace (plated). Named after two of my favorite movies...Donnie Darko and Braveheart!

Old 01-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #2
dawagner
from what ive read it'l probably not end well, youll wake up and only the sav will be enjoying his tank with a full belly or a stinky carcas of a friend. Id take out that plated and give him a tank of his own so there are no problems.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:39 PM   #3
RabidSasquatch10
do you really think it will end bad? I mean I plan on getting the plated his own setup when the monitor gets a little bigger. Right now the plated is bigger by an inch or two and they sleep together all the time. Should I take him out now?

Old 01-06-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
ms_terese
Disclaimer: I'm not an experienced monitor/lizard keeper.

With that said, since no one else has weighed in on your last post, let me offer just my general reptile experience .02:

Give each of the animals their own enclosure as soon as you possibly can. If that's not going to be in the very near future, maybe you could possibly structure some sort of divider for the 75 gallon tank to give them each their own space? While their similar size may indicate there's no need for concern, even a non-fatal confrontation could result in injuries. I wouldn't take the chance.

That's just my opinion. You sound like someone who is very enthused about the animals, and I'd hate to see things go wrong for you.

Hope it all works out for you!

Old 01-08-2007, 08:42 AM   #5
RabidSasquatch10
all right guys i'll work on getting a separate enclosure as soon as possible for the guys...i appreciate both of you weighing in and catching this for me before it got to late...thanks both of you...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!