webslave- so far what are - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:36 PM   #1
robin d.
webslave- so far what are

the number... one day before you impliment the final stage. what are the numers of people whom have chosen a plan and paid? and roughly what is the total number of registered users?... do you think as of now it is paying off?

Old 02-19-2005, 10:55 PM   #2
WebSlave
I haven't really counted them. But it surprised me that so many people jumped immediately to the Contributor level instead of the Participant level right off the bat.

I really wasn't expecting much of anything to happen until I actually put up the toll booth, so that is what I am really waiting to see before I make any determinations at all. Plus I just want to see what happens overall after a fair period of time concerning traffic levels in general. I really don't have any set goal that I will say "Yep, we made it". As you have probably noticed, I go much more on gut feelings and seat of the pants estimates rather then putting down cold hard figures to go by. So it does make it rather difficult to tell someone what my goals are in advance.

So, we'll just have to see what happens.

Thanks.

Old 02-19-2005, 11:30 PM   #3
robin d.
thats a fair enough answer, thank you for replying

Old 04-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #4
robin d.
any new stats.... seems like posting on the forums is down as well as the new classifieds... (or maybe because it's two different sections now) but maybe i am seeing it wrong... the photo gallery seems to be doing exceptionally well. how are the unique IP's and people contributing (no matter what level?

Old 04-07-2005, 01:52 AM   #5
WebSlave
Actually I believe people are not sitting in front of their computers as much as usual because the spring weather is beginng to hit and more people are going outside. I check the stats on the FaunaTopSites and it appears that most sites are down lately.

We're still getting between 7,000 and 9,000 unique IPs here with roughly 40,000 raw hits per day. Here's some stats right from this site:

The below graph is of new registrations to this site per day:

Not bad, since we already currently have 18,470 registered members!
<hr>
This next graph is a showing of daily activity on this site. I believe it means the number of registered members actually visiting this site each day.

Actually, I wish I knew why such a small percentage of registered users actually visit this site each day. Seems like there should be more....
<hr>
This next graph shows the number of posts made into the forums per day:

Looks like there was a noticeable increase on March 18th, for some reason. No idea why....
<hr>
This last graph shows new thread starts per day:

You will notice a sharp drop right at April 1, so I believe this is an indication of the new classifieds system taking over and the new classifieds ad posts that would normally be made in the classified forums are now taking place over in that classifieds section. These stats so not register those stats in the classifieds section since it uses it's own database for record storage.

As for the number of memberships, here's what we have so far to date:
  • 136 Participants
  • 175 Contributors
  • 140 Benefactors
  • 8 Endowments

Not as many as I had hoped for, but actually more then I had expected. So I guess I can't complain. Could have been a LOT worse. Or better, depending on your perspective. If it had completely flubbed, I would probably be down at the beach more often these next few months.

Anyway, hope that gives you some figures to ponder.

Old 04-07-2005, 02:43 AM   #6
WebSlave
Darn..... I shouldn't have done this. Now this REALLY depresses me....

This is a graph of the daily posts from my CornSnakes.com forums:

CornSnakes.com only has 4,735 registered members, of which less then 300 will log in each day. Yet look at the number of posts.
<hr>

Now, even worse, here's the same stats from my ArmsLocker.com site:

At ArmsLocker.com there are ONLY 642 registered members, of which less then 60 will log in each day.

So, what is wrong with this picture? Why the heck are there so many registered members at this site (FaunaClassifieds), many more forums, yet posts are so darned skimpy here? What the heck am I doing wrong with this site?

Darn, I felt pretty good about things here until I check all those other stats.....

Old 04-07-2005, 03:18 AM   #7
Intense Herpetoculture
I think in due time the posts will continue to increase in number. It just takes a while to get the forums go for some odd reason. I wish we could figure out how to speed things up. Hopefully the classifieds will continue to pick up as well.

Old 04-07-2005, 05:07 AM   #8
DAND
Rich,

Is there anyway to determine how many unique hits have been here since the implementation of the fee?

Old 04-07-2005, 11:14 AM   #9
mycurlylocks
You aren't doing anything wrong with this site, Rich. More participants need to share their wealth of knowledge on the discussion boards. Seems like too many people just check the BOI and that's it.
I see so many people wanting help and I wish I knew the answers. I know many people out there do know the answers, they just don't take the time. You would think people would share their knowledge, educate others and help in general. One of life's greatest gifts is the ability to give.
This would benefit all the herp lovers. Give knowledge and you educate people. They spread the education so more people learn to not fear herps and want them, and bingo, more demand for the products and animals. The circle is complete, give and receive.
We are trying to fight to keep so many bogus bills from becoming laws, when a little sharing of information may have prevented this. Man always fears what he doesn't know about or understand.
Don't beat your head against the wall on this one Rich, or you will just have a huge hole!

Old 04-07-2005, 11:17 AM   #10
ms_terese
Quote:
Don't beat your head against the wall on this one Rich, or you will just have a huge hole!
In his head, or the wall?

I agree, Rich. The classifieds are a big part of it, and many people come here to do searches alone. Stick with your first perception: it's better than you expected. Give it time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!