For Sale Greek eggs!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 10:11 PM   #11
rbetz-Tortstork
No worries at all. I get it. It’s a scary idea that we aren’t used to in this “industry”. Tortoise eggs are fragile, they are sensitive, they are demanding. All of which I appreciate and never lose focus of. On the other hand, I want people to be able to experience hatching their own Tortoise. Which no one would allow me to do when I was really young. So instead I had to spend thousands of dollars to ease adults and get to the breeding age. Offering eggs is for those who really want it, but don’t want to spend the money or time to get to the producing age. I appreciate everyone’s support.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-12-2017, 10:15 PM   #12
erobertg
You obviously care about your customers and, even more importantly, your tortoises. I definitely support you. What other tortoise species do you do offer eggs from?

Old 10-12-2017, 10:22 PM   #13
rbetz-Tortstork
At the moment only Russians, Easterm Hermann’s & Greeks. I breed many other species, but for now, I’m only offering these species, as they are my most fertile species.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-17-2017, 03:59 PM   #14
ReptileStation
I like the idea but price way too high for an egg I can get a hatchling for that price.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:13 PM   #15
rbetz-Tortstork
Appreciate the advice. When the egg hatches it turns into a hatchling. Win win. It’s not for everyone.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #16
Crikeyturtles
Do you have any idea of the ratio of eggs hatched by paid customers? I wouldn't buy just because I'm not taking the chance my postal carriers will 1. Be on time 2. Handle with care 3. Get lost or damaged...way too many variables. Curious what the statistics are as you could have a good business doing this

Old 10-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #17
rbetz-Tortstork
Email me. Tortstork@gmail.com. Would love to talk shop. Just don’t think we need to on this thread.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-17-2017, 09:04 PM   #18
wohlerswi
I know in the Chameleon circle people do this all the time. The eggs go through a diapause period and it's safe to ship them during the first couple months. They have a very high success rate so if tort eggs are packed safely it seems very plausible.
Will

Old 10-18-2017, 03:32 PM   #19
Crikeyturtles
Quote:
Originally Posted by wohlerswi View Post
I know in the Chameleon circle people do this all the time. The eggs go through a diapause period and it's safe to ship them during the first couple months. They have a very high success rate so if tort eggs are packed safely it seems very plausible.
Will
Chelonians are different in which the embryo connects to inner membrane of the shell within 48 hours. Turning and vibrations can cause the embryo to unattach and die

Old 10-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #20
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbetz-Tortstork View Post
Email me. Tortstork@gmail.com. Would love to talk shop. Just don’t think we need to on this thread.
Agreed. This is a classified ad. If individuals would like to discuss the concept of shipping eggs further, you are welcome to contact the seller directly or start a new thread in the Turtle & Tortoise discussion forum:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=605

Thank you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!