getting " envenomated " can get you ........ - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-01-2006, 12:08 AM   #61
Scott Ashton
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
hay SHAVEMYCOINPURSE did you see the link webslave put in his post. the wdb bite there he needed the surgery to releve the compartment pressure.
Ressecting that much tissue would effectively eliminate any compartment pressure, but the pictures reflect a procedure far beyond a simple fasciotomy.

As I stated, the pictures depict extensive tissue ressection and debridement due to massive tissue necrosis.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:10 AM   #62
Scott Ashton
Thumbs down

Quote:
if you guys really knew me you would respect me for what i have done for many years. not getting bit, but the passion and love i have for reptiles and all animals. i am very experienced about all reptiles snakes mostly since their my favorite. so can we please just let all of this go. i have never lyied on here or put anybody down. i just wanted to share my mistakes with other's so they wont make the same. please beleve me im not a fony in anyway or form. i may have came off to some of you as bigheaded and ingorant. but i didnt mean to. im sorry if i offended any 1 at all. but i will not leave fauna until i can get this cleared up. and hopefully i will. thanks
Respect is something to be earned.

Thus far you have only lost mine.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:12 AM   #63
Vinny D
well im sorry i lost your respect. i honestly didnt mean for any of this to happen. but i guess what is done is done and that cant be changed. sorry if i offendid you in any way.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:25 AM   #64
hhmoore
What I find interesting is that you claim that you had a severe neurotoxic envenomation, yet the only symptom I can recall you describing is loss of motor function. I'll admit that I am no longer up to snuff on the neurologic response to NA crotalid envenomation, but I would have expected something more...especially in the absence of hemotologic symptoms. No dysphagia? Dysphasia? Dyspnea?

Also, you state you were treated with CroFab. Again, I may be mistaken, but isn't CroFab designed to treat the typical hemotoxic envenomation. One of the ways that treatment is measured is via coagulation studies and retreat of symptoms (reduced swelling).

Old 03-01-2006, 08:15 AM   #65
hhmoore
For those of you that didn't see it

Vinny posted a pic of his envenomation in a new thread (shouldn't it have gone here??). Here is the link: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?&t=76350
I will say that it makes a little more sense now...but what happened to
Quote:
i received a 100% neurotocix envenomation i was paralized for 3 days and didnt have any necrosis at all
. That is not the pic of a 100% neurotoxic envenomation...it wouldn't be swollen like that. Are you starting to understand why we are giving you a hard time?? Your stories just don't hold water...too many holes in them.
Quote:
the curator of reptiles at the philla zoo said that my edb bite was a neurotoxic encenomation.
this is the same guy that said you were a herpetologist without a degree, right?? even knowing about your two envenomations...then again, scientific knowledge doesn't imply that one is smart enough not to get bitten due to stupid mistakes. Just ask, no, I'd better not post his name, lol

Old 03-01-2006, 08:17 AM   #66
hhmoore
so you were paralyzed for 3 days...how long were you on a ventilator, Vinny?

Old 03-01-2006, 08:48 AM   #67
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebreeder
Based on other incidents related to this poster, would it be too far fetched to wonder if maybe the bite (assuming it really happended as stated) was from another "exotic", and due to legalities or whatever, the identity of the snake was "incorrectly identified"? or am I just letting my imagination get totally out in left field?
That is interesting...

Old 03-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #68
crotalusadamanteus
Well crap! You guys covered all the bases already. I am speechless!

Nah, I got something for you vinny. And I mean this with all My heart. As Michael stated above, however much I may doubt you, it would suck to read about you in the paper.
So what I am doing for you here is a true life saver, take it serious, OK. This is a hot box. I want you to make one, pay someone else, steal one, (I am kidding on that last one BTW). Just make one and use it. It will save your life one day I am thinking.
Still looking also. How bout a name for that curator? Would be nice to hear from him about this instead of a copied quote, or email.

Good luck,
Rick

Old 03-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #69
JimmySSSnakes
Question Vinny

" i won 3rd place in a western diamond back sacking contest with the best time on record for my age at 18 at the time"

Which rattlesnake round-up did you win these awards at?

James Stanton

Old 03-02-2006, 12:30 AM   #70
Vinny D
i won the award at the first lancaster county, pa rattler sacking contect i have the trophy to prove it. but i dont think i will do it again. i dunno maybe next year. today i totalled my car, i broke my pelvis and 4 lower lumbars in my back. it hurts so bad. so take it easy on me lol j/p

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!