Some kind of skink... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
rcpreis3
Some kind of skink...

Hey everyone, City workers were placing a blowoff in my yard and when they went to bury it they found this lil guy in the dirt. They thought they hit the guys tail but after closer inspection, after he ran up my sleeve and took a lil nap on my wrist, it looks to naturally be that way. He also has lil stubs for back legs. I have a thing for lil ground skinks and geckos that run around here and I almost kept him, but I figured after being dug up by a back-hoe and hiding in my hoodie he was ready to find a nice new lil burrow in my back yard. So if anyone knows what kind of skink he is lemme know! Thanks guys!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
Focal
Peninsula Mole Skink missing most of its red tail. DANG I'M GOOOD!!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
Focal

Old 01-26-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
rcpreis3
Funny tho when I was checking him out his legs looked like he was born all stubby, maybe hes just a gimp. But after comparing the two pics, mine looks to be more heavier bodied and doesnt have the 2 head stripes going down most of its body, also he seems lighter, are there any sub species or closely related cousins to PMS?

LOL pms...

***BTW Nick I love your new avatar!!!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
rcpreis3
Ehh I did some research and it couldnt be anything else, But im sad I let him go, an article I was reading stated that they are very secretive and not much is known about them. Shoulda tried to learna bit from him... oh well, maybe next lizard...

Old 01-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
Focal
The only other one I can think it could be is the Florida Keys Mole Skink but that would be a stretch. There's a Blue-Tailed MS that's pretty cool too. I love google

Old 01-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #7
rcpreis3
Yea Ive found ground skinks, that pms, 5 lined, and some awesome transluecent geckos in my neighborhood. When I first moved into my last apt I found a skinny slender gecko that was completely red, red as a stop sign. Couldnt catch him fast enough and he got behind my dresser, and I would see him from time to time but never found him when I moved out. To this day I cant find anything like him, or even get anyone to give me a idea of what species it may be.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!