i need an answer about my pigeons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Birds.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
Elizabeth Minton
Question i need an answer about my pigeons

i have a mating pair of unrelated pigeons. i have a male rock pigeon (street pigeon) and a female Italian Frillback pigeon (all white). i also have a female crested Russian tumbler (white and black). my italian frillback has had two squabs with my male rock pigeon and my creasted russian tumbler has one squab with my male rock pigeon. my italian frillback/rock pigeon mix turned out black and white with frilly feathers instead of curls and my creasted russian tumbler/rock pigeon mix turned out black with the head crest like its mom.

now my italian frillback and my rock pigeon just had another squab this month so i had my russian tumbler seperated with the other 2 young grown offspring from the previous clutches. (both males in those seperate clutches did not live) (all 3 birds in that cage are females). the new baby from the italian frillback and rock pigeon is just budding pure white pin feathers and the feathers on the back of its head are curling upward into a crest. i have never seen this happening and my russian tumbler was not the one who laid the egg. she was not even in the cage at that point. could i have a crested italian frillback is that possible.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
Elizabeth Minton
oh i forgot to meantion my crested russian tumbler/rock pigeon squab has frilly feathers on its wings just like the offspring of my italian frillback/rock pigeon squab. what is happening im so lost

Old 06-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Elizabeth Minton
all pics of parents and young have been updated to bird photos in this section. i do not know how to paste them right here sorry. i thought thats what i was doing. on the white baby i could not get a good pic of the pinfeathers. i will once they grow in more

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!