REWARD FOR RECOVERY OF LOST PARROT! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Birds.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
deborahbroadus
REWARD FOR RECOVERY OF LOST PARROT!

REWARD!!

MY SWEET BABY IS LOST!
HE WAS LAST SEEN IN THE ROSEDALE, MD AREA!!

IF ANYONE SEES HIM PLEASE CONTACT ME!

You may be able to coax him to you with offers of food. He answers to the name "Shrek" and is very food motivated and friendly. Please help me find him.

Contact me with a PM to this board, or debscaptivebred@yahoo.com
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
hhmoore
That sucks, Deborah - I hope you get him back soon.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
deborahbroadus
Thanks Harald.

I had company in the house and doors were left open...sigh. He did what birds do..he was not clipped.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #4
brd7666
Sorry to hear about your bird Deb. That sucks for sure. I hope you find him.

Some friends of mine, years ago were bringing in their grocery's. They had the front door open, and the next thing you know, their big, beautiful cockatoo flew right out the front door. My buddies wife cried, and cried. He was out front trying to get the bird to come down out of the big tree that was in the yard. The bird just looked down at him and said "screw you". He never came down, and eventually flew off never to be seen again.

I hope you get your bird back.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
Sorry to hear about your bird Deb. That sucks for sure. I hope you find him.

Some friends of mine, years ago were bringing in their grocery's. They had the front door open, and the next thing you know, their big, beautiful cockatoo flew right out the front door. My buddies wife cried, and cried. He was out front trying to get the bird to come down out of the big tree that was in the yard. The bird just looked down at him and said "screw you". He never came down, and eventually flew off never to be seen again.

I hope you get your bird back.
LOL you think they say, "screw you?" lol This is a baby he is startled and scared and unable to fend for himself.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
Lucille
I hope you get him back soon safe and sound. Maybe offer a reward on Craigslist?

Old 07-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #7
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I hope you get him back soon safe and sound. Maybe offer a reward on Craigslist?
Thanks for the suggestion, Lucille.

I have do so, and had friends listing on all major and minor sites that service lost pets. I have also enlisted PetFinder's services.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #8
brd7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
LOL you think they say, "screw you?" lol This is a baby he is startled and scared and unable to fend for himself.
I think at first when they first get away, yes, I think they say screw you. After they fly off and realize that they don't know where the food is, and how to take care of themselves, then I think they change their tune. Trouble is, they don't know how to come back. Often times they go off and die, but some do make it. South Florida has all kinds of non-native birds flying around.

True story. One day I was at work, and on my lunch break. A bunch of us were sitting outside by the loading docks. A grey cockateil landed on the asphault where the trucks back up to the docks. He was pecking at the ground like he was hungry. I walked down the steps, and got right up next to the bird. I squated down very slowly, and then I stuck out my pointer finger to him. He climed right on. I then put my thumb over his feet so he couldn't fly off. Yeah, he bit me a few times, but we took him inside, and found a box to put him in. I gave him to a girl that worked there, and her kids loved it. It was clearly someone's pet that got loose, and I don't think it could care for itself.

Sad part about your bird is, if it's that young it needs to be found fast utherwise it may not do well. And then there is the winter up where you live. So, I hope you find him.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #9
snowgyre
I would definitely contact the Baltimore Birding Club. If anybody is going to spot your bird, it's going to be the people who go out looking for birds in general on a regular basis! At the very least, it doesn't hurt to try!

Old 07-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #10
Shadera
Ack. I know we've had our moments, but no one deserves to lose a bird.

Sending prayers for your faby to find his way home. I'm a bit far, but it's not impossible. I'll keep my eyes peeled and will let offline birdy friends through the PA/WV/OH/MD area know to be on the lookout for a Cake.

If you haven't already, please add Shrek to the 911 database.
http://www.911parrotalert.com/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!