Inquiry Adam Alexander (alexander_exotics@yahoo.com) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
jlexotics
Adam Alexander (alexander_exotics@yahoo.com)

Well I made the mistake of not making some phone calls to check to see if anyone knew the seller and I also made the mistake of not coming here first to check them out.

Bruce Skipper Wrote a thread which can be found here:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...adam+alexander

I sent him $500 as particle payment for 0.5 adult breedable het pieds. Paper work is supposed to accompany them. They came from Prehistoric pets (which would be the Bells animals). After reading this thread I have placed my payment with paypal in dispute. I am asking for a refund. I also asked if Prehistoric Pets could confirm he purchased the animals and if he had the original reciept. I called him and left a message of my concerns on his voice mail. You must trust the source your getting your hets from, I now have doubts and don't want to go through with this deal. Hopefully I'll get back the $500. Total deal was over $3,000 so I'm happy I found the thread before I went through with the purchase.

His info is:

Adam Alexander, alexander_exotics@yahoo.com

paypal acct is venom8inch@yahoo.com

Phone: (515) 778-6201

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Amelanistic Orca
Close call!! Always worth paying a little extra!!

Old 08-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
jlexotics
He just e-mailed me pics of paper work from Prehistoric pets. He also gave me anthony mccain, 515-971-9808 as a reference. I'm going to call prehistoric pets to see if they have any info about the past sale.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
jlexotics
Prehistoric pets said they will honor the genetics guarantee IF the animals match the photo's. That was Bruce's big deal, the het clown did not match the paper work photo! Alex's only reference is Anthony Mccain whom doesn't have a good rep here on fauna either. Something here seems fishy! Alex said he wanted to keep my deposit untill he sold the other animals. I was lucky Alex did not get the money into his bank account, Paypal took the money. There is a good chance I will get the money back at this point. I was never told the deposit was non-refundable. There is far more then just me backing out of a deal here, this is more about integrity and the fear of getting screwed and I have good reason to believe I am not going to be getting what I should get! I have cash in hand but this is just not worth it to me at this point. I will keep you all updated with what happens.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
jlexotics
Just wanted to re-ignite this thread as he is again posting on kingsnake.com. I am getting a full refund from paypal according to what I read on the dispute selection.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
jlexotics
Paypal is not giving me a full refund, paypal somehow decided in Adams favor! I'm now screwed out of $500! This sucks! I'm currently on the phone and will post more info when I get it.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
jlexotics
Well I went through my bank and recieved a full refund. Paypal just back charged me so I'm basicly back to square one. I'm not giving in so we'll see where this goes. If you don't pay in full you void paypals buyer protection. Pretty crappy, I hope no one else gets taken by this guy or paypal! I will no longer be using or accepting paypal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!