NIGEL KOHRING NKReptiles very bad guy - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-30-2003, 01:08 PM   #21
Morelans
I have a sibling to those posted as Jungles -more-

I did not purchase them from Nigel, but from who I was told produced them. That was Steve Ori at A Forgotten Realm. Steve sold me a very nice reverse stipe PASTEL. I can only assume he sold the rest as pastel also. I do know that when I picked out the one I wanted, the entire clutch had pictures and were all marked as Pastel.

Sounds like Nigel purchased one thing and is selling them as another. I do believe someone should contact him and find out what is going on.

Shawn Morelan
www.SouthernBoids.com
morelans@adelphia.net

Old 06-30-2003, 01:29 PM   #22
dqreps
Nigel is a very poor business man. He and steve ori are in cahoots together apparently. Nigel shipped me a BCI adult female that i paid steve $630 for. The animal is worth $200 at best and to top it off, nigels packing was horrible. The box was open some, tapes shut, styraphaom broken up all over the place. I could go on and on. Stay away from these guys.

Dallas Quarles

Old 06-30-2003, 01:42 PM   #23
Morelans
Why would you assume? -more-

I do not even know Nigel nor have I heard of him. I have only completed one deal with Steve.. but I fail to see where you have proof they are working together.

Is it not possible Nigel purchased them as Pastel and then tried to pass them off as Jungle? I could be wrong.. it has happened in the past.

I just think you should be a little more certain before claiming they are in this together, or supply some proof. As I stated above, when Steve sent me the link to pick out which one I wanted, Steve had them all marked as PASTEL.

I spoke to Steve the other day by email and he told me he is having some health problems, so he may not see this thread joining him to Nigel. I am not sure about your deal with Steve, so I can only comment on mine.

Shawn Morelan
www.SouthernBoids.com

Old 06-30-2003, 03:08 PM   #24
Darin Chappell
Shawn,

I think Dallas' assumption is based on the following:

"Nigel shipped me a BCI adult female that i paid steve $630 for."

Dallas paid Steve and received the snake from Nigel. That would certainly appear as though they were working together on some level to me. How deeply they are involve is another matter, but I don't think Dallas' assumption is too far off base, given what he has posted here.

Old 06-30-2003, 03:37 PM   #25
Morelans
Yea.. that could do it.. -more

That would make me think they are working together as well. I did not know of that earlier.. or if I did, it did not register.

I would hope Steve has a good explanation for this. Like I said.. I dont know him personally, but we were working on a deal for another Pastel and he emailed me last week. He did say he was having some health problems and his animals were in anothers care.. but I do not remember if he told me who.

Steve is also aware I love to post pictures of my animals, I would hope he would think that if I called mine a Pastel and somone else called theirs a Jungle that it would eventually come back to haunt him.

I give up... I just hope it is a mistake that can be cleared up. However, being sold as a Jungle from Nigel does not sound like a mix up.. that sounds like something being sold as something it was not. I will be very interested to see if Steve turns out to be involved or not.

Shawn Morelan
www.SouthernBoids.com

Old 06-30-2003, 05:47 PM   #26
Ed Lilley
Nigel has told me that he and Steve were partners on the boas I was told were jungles, He says the male was Steve's jungle and the female was his. Nigel still swears that they are jungles even after I pointed him to Steves Pics of the boas I have, describing them as pastel stripes, with full detailed descriptions of there striping, genetics, color, and prices. Nigel tells me that it's a mistake, Steve accidently described all of the jungles nigel had as pastel stripes, took photos and priced them.

Ed Lilley

Old 06-30-2003, 06:42 PM   #27
dqreps
Yes, Steve told me that Nigel and himself were partners. Also, if Nigel ships me the snake for him, in p**s poor condition i might add, that also leads me to believe they are partners. So this being a fact that cannot be evaded by either Nigel or Steve, they are great together, at misrepresentation and horrible packing that is. You should have seen the condition the box i recieved the adult BCI was in. It was not the carriers fault. It was obviously done by the shipper. The box was practically taped together and the styraphoam was so broken up, it looks as if it had been put together piece by piece. I emailed Nigel as soon as i recieved. I got no response. I emailed and called Steve explaining to him that the animal i bought was severely misrepresented and may have been worth $200 but surely not $630. I love all animals, beautiful or not but this animal was almost ugly when it comes to boas. I tried to get in touch with Steve so he could back up his 100% satisfaction or your money back gurantee since i obviously wanted a refund, he did not respond to either.
It was funny because he emailed me continuously up until i wanted a refund. Steve told me of all his health problems also. That is too bad for him but that does not mean he needs to stick it to everyone else and take them down also. I think he just figured he was in a rent, was losing his appartment, was in bad health, so decided to get whatever money he could, no matter what the scam, to get himself by. The animal Steves partner Nigel sold as a jungle, was definatly not! People are now well warned of these people so justice will be done in the long run.

Thanks,
Dallas Quarles

Old 06-30-2003, 08:14 PM   #28
Ed Lilley
Dallas,
I also recieved my boas in a home made box with poorly crafted.
It was just big enough to get the deli cup in with no packing above or below the deli cup. I think I have enough evidence at this point to sue Nigel. I saved all emails where he contradicts himself over and over and I also saved all of the web pages both Nigel and Steve posted which contadict each other. He's suppose to be shipping the ball python I sent him in trade, so that will be the decision maker. I am trying to get a hold of the other folks who bought jungles from Nigel, I would hate to see the jungle population get polluted with knock offs.

Ed Lilley

Old 06-30-2003, 09:24 PM   #29
Morelans
This does not look good for them -more

I was hoping that Steve was not involved, since we are supposed to have another deal on another pastel. Sounds like he is according to the other posts etc. Especially if Nigel said they were partners.

I guess you never can tell.. Hope everyone gets their deals straight with them and they do the right thing.

If Nigel says they are Jungles, then I would like to see some proof of the genetics.. cause I know I only paid for a pastel. I cant believe Nigel would dispute what Steve had posted in pictures and posts describing them as Pastels... some partners. I would find it hard to believe they let that big of a difference in Boas and money slip through the cracks.,, someone has changed their story... and it is not looking good for Nigel or Steve at this point. I can only hope one of them replies here and gives us some information that makes sense. Other then .. we screwed you.

I can never understand some people. They act like no one ever talks to each other and this would not come out.

I can only say, if and when I ever have animals for sale, I plan on doing things much differently. I would hate to have alot of bad press or be known as a hack.

Shawn Morelan
www.SouthernBoids.com

Old 07-01-2003, 12:55 PM   #30
Ed Lilley
Well I personaly take photos of what ever boas I've got copulating,
But Nigel hasn't been able to produce any photos of the parents at all.

Ed Lilley

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!