Joe Deavers - Please Settle up your Debts ! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-13-2004, 07:59 PM   #1
napavalleysnakes
Angry Joe Deavers - Please Settle up your Debts !

I hate posting bad guy posts, but I feel I have no choice here.
Last August, I sent out 1.1 gaigae (Black Milks) and 1.1 Tri-color Hognose snakes to Joe Deavers. He was supposed to pay for them within the month of receiving them. Since we had done business in the past, I went ahead and shipped the animals (I know, bad move) prior to receiving the funds..

Long story, but after several months of runarounds on the payment for the animals (he had a medical emergency according to his e-mails), imagine my surprise when I see this post on Fauna

Pituophisman
Joe Deavers
Feedback Rating: (1)

Warning Level: 0
[ View User Warnings ]
Collection for sale
I have the following adults available.

1.4 Western Hognose "Brumating"
1.1 Het albino Pacific Gophers "Brumating"
2.1 Arizona Glossy snakes "Brumating"
1.1 Black Milks "Brumating"
1.1 L. Ruthveni

The following are hatchlings to sub adults

1.2 03 Tri-Color Hogs
0.1 01 Black Milk
1.2 L. P. Knoblochi

I'm taking the best offer for the whole group.

Email me at pituophisman@comcast.net
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

I immediately e-mailed him, rather upset that he was selling animals he had gotten from me, yet never paid for !

Steve,

I actually posted the ad to see if I could sell everything. If I could sell everything for a good price I of course would have paid what I owe you. I’m not interested in selling the tri-colors by themselves. If I don’t sell the whole group I will keep them all. I will pay you within the next month or so for them bud. I’m just in a real bad financial state right now. I should be ok within the next month or so. Please believe that I didn’t forget about you. My heart attack really made a lot of financial problems for me. Not being able to work for a few months and all.

Sincerely

Joe

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 3:41 PM
To: pituophisman@comcast.net
Subject: Payment

Joe - What's up with the sale ? You realize you still owe me for the tri-color hogs ($425). If you can put them up for sale, you really need to pay for them first or send them back bud. Not good business to sell animals you've yet to pay for (and with no communication with me for almost two months).

Stephen Emerick
Napa Valley Snakes
http://www.napavalleysnakes.com

P.S. I can be reached at 707-257-2068 (home)
Or 510-204-7663

Please close out your account. Easiest thing is to simply ship back the tri-color hogs and I'll refund your deposit !

Well that was in January, and now it's April and still no payment or answer to any of my e-mails. Any suggestions ? His deposit ($150) was clear back in August. I understand if there's an emergency, but shouldn't the buyer then return the animals he still has in his possession that have not been paid for ?

A little ticked off on this one

Old 04-13-2004, 09:51 PM   #2
Ken Harbart
Damn. It irks me to see someone take advantage of you like that, Steve. Not just because I consider you a friend, but because you've proven yourself time and again to be one of the damn nicest guys in this business.

From the looks of things, his intents were ill from the start. His heart attack story doesn't explain why he didn't pay the monies owed back when they were due.

1) He received these snakes in August and was supposed to pay for them within a month.

2) In September, he was posting ads looking for Pituophis morphs... buying more snakes seemingly with no intent to make good on those he already owed payment for.

3) In October, he posted an ad looking to buy false water cobras. Again, rather strange behavior for someone who couldn't make good on a debt.

4) His last visit to this site was at 6:35pm this evening, so he hasn't entirely dropped off the face of the earth.

You may want to call him Steve. The phone number that I was able to find online for him is 717-421-1313.

Old 04-13-2004, 10:36 PM   #3
ScottsReptiles
any idea if he has sold the snakes?

Old 04-13-2004, 10:46 PM   #4
gila7150
That sucks Steve. It looks like you have been more than patient with this guy.
Thanks for warning us about him. His attempts to purchase more snakes while he still owed you money proves that any excuses about financial hardship is pure BS.

Old 07-20-2004, 12:35 PM   #5
napavalleysnakes
Joe Deavers - Account now Settled

FYI - Joe Deavers has settled his account with me as of today (July 20th, 2004).

Thanks, Stephen Emerick

Old 07-20-2004, 09:31 PM   #6
JorgeJeung
Heart Attack??

Hey Steve. That's good you got everything settled. It's pretty much a moot point now but do you know Joe's age? I met him in person a couple years ago and he looked to be in his mid 20's. Kind of young for a heart attack. Our deal went fine and I have nothing at all bad to say about him. That just stood out to me.

Old 07-21-2004, 01:21 AM   #7
svsnakes
Heart Attack

JorgeJeung - You met me 2 years ago? Who are you? Where did you meet me at? I'm 28 years old. Yes I had a heart attack on June 25th 2003. If your gonna post garbage about me I'd like to know who you are and where you "met me at". I settled up with Steve as soon as I possibly could. I never dropped off the earth. I always emailed him or returned his emails.

So lets come clean who are you?

Joe Deavers
Susquahanna Valley Snakes

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!