By Far the Coolest Thing I've Ever Kept! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #31
Pythonbreeder99
I work at the pet store where I get the feeders so I make sure she gets the finest of the feeders we have available, she doesn't get any fish off the sales tank, only out of the backroom sump where we keep the water at a much higher quality. And the 75 is currently the fish holding tank since she seems to hate it and greatly prefers her 6qt shoebox (especially at night) but I do have a feeling once the tank is more planted and the water is a bit more to her liking she'll grow to love it. I am also noticing some white spot fungus around her nostril and lip, but she is going into shed and I've read it can be more noticeable around shedding time and if it doesnt go away she'll get a vet visit to see what can be done.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #32
Pythonbreeder99
Just finished the tank setup, I realized she was getting stressed about about how deep the water was in the original setup so I drained the tank down to about 6" of water and put a heater on it to get it to about 80-82 degrees I also put a couple plants in there but I plan on adding quite a few more
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #33
AGoodwin
looks decent. Hopefully she should feel a bit more secure there. With the appetite she has, I cant imagine how much it will cost to feed her as she grows even bigger!!!

Old 02-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #34
Mooing Tricycle
Why dont you add in some conditioned driftwood and slate outcroppings? Looks pretty bare still. You should then be able to raise the water levels to keep it more balanced.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #35
Pythonbreeder99
I did plan on adding driftwood by hadn't thought of slate, it's a good idea though, I'll shop around and see if I can get some from somewhere local.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #36
Pythonbreeder99
So the tax return has come and gone and I decided to go with the Asian Vine Snake instead of the camera, but it turns out that was a good decision. As I'm learning more about this girl I'm finding out that she is REALLY nocturnal, she crams herself into a corner of her cave all day and refuses to come out. However as soon as the last light goes off in the room (no matter the time) she comes out and roams around, but as soon as a light turns on she clings to a piece of driftwood and wont move. And I don't think a go-pro camera has night vision so the video would be a long boring video of her in a corner I've had to watch her at night with a flashlight and she even rears away from the small light of the flashlight, so their eyesight must be better then I had thought. Also I've made the final adjustments to her cave adding 2 pieces of African driftwood and a rock cave instead of that huge (ugly) hidebox. The water is still a bit cloudy and I don't want to add any chemicals to make it to make it clear (they may be fish safe but who knows if their aquatic snake safe) so I added a small carbon filter yesterday and I will post pictures when the water has cleared a bit.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #37
Helenthereef
You're right I don't think a Go Pro would pick up much at night.

Re her shying away from the flashlight, if you can get hold of some red cellophane or translucent plastic, tie it over the end of your flashlight, or put a red light bulb in a table lamp.

She probably can't see red light, so you'll be able to look at her all night long!

Old 03-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #38
Pythonbreeder99
So here is the final tank setup, she seems to like it a lot. She loves the cave especially.
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #39
Helenthereef
How is she getting on? Growth rate what you expected?

Old 05-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #40
Pythonbreeder99
She's doing great! The growth rate is impressive to say the least, she has had 3 sheds since January, the first was 16.5 inches in January, the second was 19 inches in March, and the third was 25 Inches as of yesterday! I stepped up her food size to 4-6 inch comets after she ate an 8 inch comet I aptly named megalo-comet, it looked like she had a watermelon in her for 2 weeks LOL!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!