How long is too long to wait for payment? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 11-01-2004, 01:09 PM   #1
tim5580
Question How long is too long to wait for payment?

Hi, sorry this is kind of long but I need some help from those of you that sell animals all the time.
I sold my boa on an auction site to raise some extra money for bills. The auction ended on Oct 18 and we exchanged emails about address, ship date, ect. He said on Oct 19 to ship it next Monday the 25th because he was going to get a payment out right away. I told him I was going to wait until payment arrived. The buyer emailed me on Oct 23 me saying he sent out a money order that morning. It hasn't shown up yet as of Nov 1. I am thinking it shouldn't take that long to go from TN to PA. He hasn't email me back yet either since Oct 23rd.
I am thinking one of two things, it is either lost in mail, or he tried to get me to ship it and he wasn't ever going to pay for it.
I didn't put anything in the ad like "Payment due within a week". and the site has nothing to do with the transaction betwen buyer and seller, so I have nothing to go off of there. So how long should I wait for the money order?
I saved all the emails between us and a copy of the ad off the site as well.
Any help is appreciated.

Old 11-01-2004, 01:17 PM   #2
tim5580
forgot to add

I forgot to add that I looked up this guy on the BOI after the auction closed and there was nothing.

Old 11-01-2004, 01:47 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
Tim,

If it was Reptibid, they do have a specific policy on how long to wait for payment before being able to repost the item.

Regards.

Old 11-01-2004, 03:15 PM   #4
tim5580
ok

Yes, it was Reptibid. I didn't see that about reposting. I am going to go look for it now.

Old 11-01-2004, 03:24 PM   #5
tim5580
couldnt find

I looked for it but didnt see anything about reposting if not paid. I saw something for bidders that said most people like paid within 5 days. If you could put a link to the page or just tell me what its under I'd appreciate it.

Old 11-01-2004, 06:01 PM   #6
rspier
On ebay I see "payment due in 10 days" all of the time

Old 11-01-2004, 09:11 PM   #7
tim5580
thanks but

I sold it on reptibid, not ebay. And I didn't put in any terms like "Payment due in a week". I will if I ever sell anything again I will be clearer.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:30 PM   #8
The BoidSmith
Tim,

I tried to find that information in Reptibid but couldn't. I'm pretty sure it was in a thread in this very forum.

Sorry.

Old 11-02-2004, 04:08 PM   #9
tim5580
What I decided

I sent him an email this morning. I asked him to please respond. If he doesn't by tommorrow, I am going to put it back up for sale. It might get me a bad name on the BOI, but like I said I have copies of everything and I haven't heard from him in 10 days. If I sent over $130 to someone and they told me three times it didn't arrive, I would at least email them back to let them know I did send it. All I can think is he was trying to get me to send it to him with no payment.

Old 11-02-2004, 04:18 PM   #10
ldydrgn
We've always received MO's sent priority mail... they got here in 3 days, tops...

Good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!