eyelash viper - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
kaizer
eyelash viper

Hi, Id like to ask anyone with venomous experiences what they think of eyelash vipers in captivity, what are their specific needs and requirements, how bad is their bite and their temperment, and if they can be kept in groups. I ve been keeping rattlesnakes for over a year now but as they are growing a friend of mine is taking over them and I wanted to replace them with something smaller. Any help will be appreciated, thanks

Old 04-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #2
CrotalusCo
Eyelashes are much more demanding then crotalus. Especially babies, as they are that much more fragile. There are a ton of care sheets avail on the net along with some good books. Eyelashes can be housed in groups as can any snake assuming the set up it proper and you are aware of the standard risks.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #3
Tim Cole
As Dan said...

They do require more care such as misting and maybe some tease feeding. Most are fairly laid back snake. I do cage maintenance during the day and feed at night. Babies are work because they are so small. If you are going to buy one, get a cb. Here's a pic of one of mine.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #4
kaizer
wow, thats a really nice little guy, thx for replying, do u recommend getting a baby or a subadult, ive heard from everyone that tease feeding can be a problem, but then again I want to see the animal grow and be able to see it change. what do you think?

Old 04-13-2007, 10:22 PM   #5
Tim Cole
A juvie

is fun to watch grow but can be work. Ask for feeding pic or buy from a reputable breeder.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!