Bad Guy Big Cheese Rodents is HORRIBLE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:13 AM   #1
LeilaNami
Thumbs down Big Cheese Rodents is HORRIBLE

TERRIBLE BUSINESS!!!

I will never do business here again and I've been buying from them for at least a couple years. Their phone message says they are open until 5. My fiance spoke with Chris 3 times and told him that he would be there between 3 and 4. Apparently they closed at 4 according to Chris who refused to acknowledge their phone message was wrong. He also denied telling him to come after 2:30pm and denied acknowledging that my fiance was coming around 4. He even went so far as to YELL at my fiance when he asked for a 5% discount (which would have been around $8) to compensate for gas for the wasted trip. Even the woman working there acknowledged the mistake and felt bad because we drove an hour round-trip one day and had to come back the next day again to get the mice. He absolutely refused to fix the problem and has lost at least 4 customers for life for his mistreatment and refusal to even apologize for his mistake. The only reason we bought the mice this time was because we were picking up for two other people as well. I will never ever buy from that dishonest man again. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE BUSINESS.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:13 AM   #2
LeilaNami
And our names are Jessica Azzinnari and Jason Fowler

Old 12-29-2011, 03:04 AM   #3
Lucille
Can you say more about what happened with your transaction? It sounds like your fiancé called, said he was going to be there between 3 and 4, and did not get there until after 4 and they were closed. Was the 4PM closing associated with the holidays?

I've done business with them in the past and never had a problem, have even recommended them.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
telefrag
more details would be nice.

That sounds very out of character for them.

I have been dealing with them several times a month for many years and have never had any type of experience like that.

It sounds like a simple misunderstanding, or communication problem that shouldn't of escalated the way it had.

Are they aware of this thread?

Old 12-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #5
LeilaNami
The closing time was NOT associated with any holiday. Jason spoke with Chris three separate times. Their phone message clearly stated they closed at 5. Chris told him to come after 2:30pm and my fiance said that he would be there between 3 and 4 and Chris said ok. He arrived at 4:15. Regardless of being 15 minutes late, he was there before what they advertised as closing hours. Chris denied all responsibility and tried to claim he told Jason to be there at 2:30 which he certainly did not. He tried to insist that we were no shows but we were not. Even the woman working there felt very bad for us and acknowledged the phone message stated the wrong closing time. Nowhere is their real closing time listed as 4pm. Chris refused to acknowledge that their phone message stated the wrong closing time as well and ignored the woman's attempts to hint at giving us a discount since we drove an hour round-trip twice. Jason politely asked for a 5% discount on a $177 bill which would have amounted to around $8 to cover my gas we wasted driving my Jeep for an hour with no result. Chris continued to deny his mistake and started to yell at Jason. The woman left the room at that point. Chris refused any compensation, any apology for his mistake, yelled at my fiance and then just demanded "Do you want the mice or not?". We had to buy it because it was an order between four people. Now, he's lost four customers because he's dishonest. I've bought from him for over two years and he's always been snooty to me which I could deal with but this was unacceptable. I've also recommended him in the past but I've been making the rounds to recant that recommendation. Customer service is very valuable to me and you NEVER treat your customers the way he treated us.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
lepidus
Have never had a problem with them and have been purchasing from them for years. Actually very pleased with their customer service.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:54 PM   #7
Cat_Eyed_Lady
I have never used Big Cheese.... I have always used American Rodent and never had a problem. Also, depending on where you live, the shipping is free over $100. Might want to try them?

Old 12-29-2011, 12:54 PM   #8
Tenor Goddess
Have you made them aware of this post as there are two sides to every story and it would be helpful to hear their side as well.
I have also done business with them for years and never had any issues.

Kindest regards,

Amanda Rose

Old 12-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
LeilaNami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenor Goddess View Post
Have you made them aware of this post as there are two sides to every story and it would be helpful to hear their side as well.
I have also done business with them for years and never had any issues.

Kindest regards,

Amanda Rose
He is a business, not an individual seller, and I am under no obligation to make someone who has mistreated me, my family, and my friends aware of any review I post. If you want to make him aware of it, go ahead, but I refuse to speak with him again until he is willing to apologize for his mistake instead of blaming someone else (which he won't do), apologize for yelling at my fiance (which he won't do) and offer fair compensation for his mistake and wasting my time and money (which he won't do). I have sent an email to the address on the website of my complaint and what I intended to do about it, including posting reviews on multiple hobbyist forums and reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. My fiance tried to discuss the issue with him for some time yesterday at the facility and he still refuses to resolve the issue and continues to deny everything.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #10
P&A Pythons
Did he at least call him along the way and say hey I'm running tad bit late. He said he would be there between 3-4 and showed at 415 so he did not show in time frame stated.I'm sure he would have stayed little past 4 if he had gotten gotten a call. We need to hear his half of story.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!