Bad Guy Garret Smith ( Scammer ) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:32 AM   #1
uromastyx13
Thumbs down Garret Smith ( Scammer )

This Post is about Garret Smith and how he is collecting money from numerous people including myself and has taken several months to deliver the animals or money to refund , I sent him money back in 1-07-15 when he told me weeks before he was able to get Saara Hardwickii legally exported out of Pakistan i asked him many times to send me copies of CITES and a Invoice of it and still to this date I have not received anything to show any sort of proof of it. He has been importing animals in between and actively posting listings of animals for sale or animals he can get , but yet has never any attempt to refund me my money of $6500 whether he really is selling animals or is falsely making false ads to reel people in , I want people to know to save themselves the hassle and not deal with him . He has been taking me for a ride on refunding me my money cause i sent it through a bank transfer which was a horrible choice for me to do , i should of paid through paypal cause i know i would of got my refund a long time ago. He Has told me he would give me a group of Ctenosaura Defensor and we could call it even even though i would still be very short on money for the 3.3 group he offered me , he has also said as soon as he would sell some geckos he recently imported and start refunding but yet again has not paid back one penny. He is recently now starting to say i was his business partner importing the Saara Hardwicki but we never signed no legal document or has he ever showed me paper work for them . I will be posting several pics of text messages of how many months i been waiting for animals i paid for and how many times i have been asking for a refund.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:39 AM   #2
juliasara
His wife's name is Lori Grieve Smith, you should message her and let her know what her husband is doing to you. Either she knows and is in on it, which I doubt, or she has no clue what he is doing and when you let her know she will make him do the right thing. At the very least it will embarrass the heck out of him! Sorry he did this to you, it's not cool at all. I know how exciting the thought of getting saara's must have been. I really hope he can be a man and do the right thing

Old 07-20-2015, 06:53 AM   #3
dieselfan
He almost got me for $2400 a month ago! Lucky for me I realized he was using someone else's pics in his ad. The animals he claimed to have were acutally still in Germany. When I called him out on that fact via text he immediately stopped communicating with me. Hopefuly you get your money back. I doubt his wife is going to "make" him do anything. Apparently he has been doing stuff like this for a while.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?
t=24660&highlight=garrett+smith

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=garrett+smith

Old 07-20-2015, 10:07 AM   #4
Big Time Reptiles
Garrett Smith aka Turtle Man in 2004~~Frogman 2014~~Con Man, Scammer 2015!

What Garrett Smith has done is, orchestrate & carry out a reptile ponzi scheme...

Mike, are the other 2 he ripped off for $7000 ea. for the same species, going to come forward??

I feel terrible this has happened to you and others Mike!!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 07-20-2015, 01:17 PM   #5
snakesareawesome
Geez for 7k I'd file a police report at the very least.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #6
Occidentalis
OP (and others) It's always a good idea to quickly post your proof that Garret Smith has defrauded you, so that others can see what is founding your remarks.

Garret's user profile is here: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=87532

If you read his past remarks on this forum, it should be very clear the demeanor of the person you are dealing with. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=185748&page=2

I have had no business dealings with Garret, but, in a similar situation to Vanessa (snowgyre above) he has given me four karma dings on Fauna in retribution for calmly explaining on Facebook how he was misrepresenting the science of systematics to try to make some iguanids he was selling seem more desirable.

I hope that you get your money or your animals, best of luck.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:43 PM   #7
Big Time Reptiles
Does any one know if this is the same Garrett Smith from back in 2003?

garrettsmith74957@yahoo.com

Garrett Smith
HC 15 Box 135
Smithville,OK 74957

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 07-20-2015, 11:29 PM   #8
uromastyx13
Trying to figure out how to post pics from my phone on here

Old 07-21-2015, 12:04 AM   #9
juliasara
Click on post a reply, then manage attachments, then chose the files and click upload in the same box as you picked the files in then close at the very bottom then post the reply. Unless your phone is different then mine, then I have no idea!

Old 07-21-2015, 05:35 PM   #10
Frogman11
I did not sell any animals to Mike on this transaction.

The transaction that Mike is referring to is this: I found a contact in Pakistan that is able to get Saara Hardwickii and other reptiles at a good price. I asked Mike if he wanted to go in on this deal with me, to buy animals at cost with me and he could keep them or resell them. he agreed on 3.3 Saara Hardwickii. I bought more. Mike sent the money to me and I wired the money to my contact.

Importing takes a while and Mike knows this, Especially from a country that hasn't exported legally in over 10 years. I imported some uromastyx for him and it took 6 moths. He knows how long these things take.

Mike and his mom now have changed there minds and don't want the animals they want out of the deal and expect me to pay them back.

Mike has told me several lies to play the hard nocks card and I have sent him some money back. I have also tried to offer him some animals that he thought he could sell because he said he was low on cash. Captive bred adult Defensors one that is gravid. He said their worth $300 each, and he can get captive bred defensors for $300 each. When a baby CB defensors are going for $1,000. I have offered him other animals to help him out but he wants to give me nothing for them and make additional money on top of the money he invested in the Hardwickii. Last week was the last straw with believing he BS. He said he didn't have money for his daughters birthday and then posted a picture of a new banded uromastyx on Facebook that he just bought. He has done this several times.

I have told Mike 3 times, once last night, that the geckos at my house don't belong to me. I didn't pay to import them nor do I get the money when sold.

Ive been very clear with Mike and anyone else on the time it take on importing. Mike is now calling people that have purchased animals from me and wanting them to say something bad about me. In terms of time, They, like Mike, knew what they were getting into.

To sum this transaction up. Mike is not a customer of mine, what we discussed is a business partnership on this one order. Specifically 6 animals. He thinks that only way this could be a business partnership is if we sign a document. Not true Mike.

Garrett

This is a different Garrett Smith
Does any one know if this is the same Garrett Smith from back in 2003
garrettsmith74957@yahoo.com

Garrett Smith
HC 15 Box 135
Smithville,OK 74957

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!