to those who date girls - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 10-22-2004, 11:30 AM   #1
TooManyBurmese
to those who date girls

How would you like to be approached. And I don't mean by a girl you'd want to "do" then leave. I mean if you were on the prowl for a relationship (long or short term) how would you prefer someone else to come on to you?

I am very shy, but I think it's time I did some aggressive maneuvers!

Old 10-24-2004, 06:57 AM   #2
Lucille
I do not date girls; but I think the generally accepted ways to meet people are the same everywhere unless there are particular cultural requirements to be met.

In the old days (yes, I am older, but this was even before my time lol) a young lady would pass by a young man she was interested in and drop her (hopefully unused) handkerchief. He would retrieve it and in handing in back begin a conversation....

This is the time honored way for women to meet men: to show interest in a non direct, non threatening manner that allows the particular man not to respond if he so wishes, the relationship many times actually begins in a stronger and surer way when both parties feel they have more freedom and control over their choice.

These days, assertive behavior by a female is more accepted and sometimes even welcome, aggressive behavior unless you are dealing with motorcycle gangs or convicts generally is not a good first move.

Ideas:

Online dating services: I have met both good people and bad on an online meeting service. Be careful; but after all since these days time is at a premium and it may be difficult to find exactly what you are looking for, this is one way to screen people and find what you want. One advantage is that most of them are sorted into geographical areas so you can meet someone who lives within a reasonable distance. There are some flakes online, but there are also good honest people who truly want to begin a relationship. One note: be wary of people who have had a membership for many years, they are not about to settle down although after all that experience they would be a fun casual date.

Websites: You could find someone here on Fauna and meet them at a reptile show

Real life: Meet someone in a common group: school, church, etc. I have never made a long term friend from anyone met at a bar(and I do not drink anyway).

Old 11-01-2004, 08:45 PM   #3
romad119
Oh know....

I can see whats coming next! Yes, the new Dating BOI forum.

Don't date so-and-so, etc.... Imagine all the interesting conversations then.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:57 PM   #4
Lucille
Shoot, honey; Webslave has his hands full just monitoring the snake trade on Fauna, if he had to figure out who got points in a lover's spat it would just put him over the edge, lol....

Old 11-01-2004, 09:37 PM   #5
sirenofthestorm
lol doesn't it drive everyone nuts figuring out who's in the right or wrong in a lover's spat?

Old 11-02-2004, 08:38 AM   #6
Brownie55
Quote:
Originally posted by sirenofthestorm
lol doesn't it drive everyone nuts figuring out who's in the right or wrong in a lover's spat?
I thought the guy was always wrong. Looks like I may be wrong again, but then... I'd be right.

This is too confusing.

Old 11-02-2004, 09:23 AM   #7
sirenofthestorm
Quote:
Originally posted by Brownie55
I thought the guy was always wrong.
that's the right answer LOL(kidding). someone give the man a medal!!!

Old 11-02-2004, 08:50 PM   #8
Lucille
He deserves more than a medal, somebody give him a bj.
I am glad to see at least SOME discriminating, intelligent gentlemen who know us women are always right.......

Old 11-03-2004, 02:35 AM   #9
bcfos
Re: to those who date girls

Quote:
Originally posted by TooManyBurmese
How would you like to be approached. And I don't mean by a girl you'd want to "do" then leave. I mean if you were on the prowl for a relationship (long or short term) how would you prefer someone else to come on to you?

I am very shy, but I think it's time I did some aggressive maneuvers!

Aggressive huh?? You want some tips from the old play book or shall I just tell everyone here my trade secrets?

And me and monogomy do not get along so as you can see there is a certain "issue" with any woman who thinks I am relationship material.

Old 11-04-2004, 06:53 AM   #10
Lucille
We all know about you, Brian. I think as a matter of fact you would be a perfect mentor; however private emails to the person would definitely be the way to go, as the world is not ready for your 'trade secrets'.

This in one situation where you can use the knowledge and skills you have gained over the years to really assist someone who is reaching out for exactly that kind of help. I hope you will take some of your time to help her.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!