Salad Recipes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-08-2004, 01:04 PM   #1
Nameless2131
Salad Recipes

Okay let me set the situation for you all. My oldest beardie is just getting ready to turn 7. Princess (short for Princess Velcro, my wife named her not me) has been the best master I have ever had. You heard me right; she is 100% in control and lets me know it daily. "Dad!!! Get me out of my cage!!! Dad!!! I want a bath!!! Dad!!! Want to go outside and play!!! Dad!! Want to sleep on your pillow!!!" Okay so she isn't that vocal but when she runs up to your bare leg and proceeds to try and climb it so she can talk to you eye to eye, you learn to listen and interpret the unspoken and read "The Look!" from ground level.

Her main problem right now is eating. She just seems to get really board with it. She has hated commercial dragon chow for years so I have given up on that. She used to like a salad of parsley, collards, and superworms, with a few crickets thrown in so she had something to chase. As she has gotten older, the cricket chasing doesn't interest her any more. She just freezes on her log and waits for them to come to her. Superworms are still highly sought, but she doesn't seem to like the greens any more. She will eat them every so often but mostly they just go to waste in her bowl. Anyone have any ideas about "sprucing up" her salads or have any ideas about what she might enjoy as a switch in the monotony???

Thanks
Justin

Old 09-20-2004, 11:17 PM   #2
Blazin
I would say.

Make sure she is getting the proper Light Cycles as well as plenty of good ole natural sunshine. That might help her out.

Old 09-20-2004, 11:44 PM   #3
CheriS
Justin,

You have a dragon entering the winter years of her life, congrats, you must have given her excellent care to get to this age.

We have one that is getting up there too and stopped eating salads, when I checked his mouth, I noticed that he it looked like he had lost some teeth in the very back or they are ground down to jaw level and I could not see them. This is the teeth that that crew salads with, the front is what the actually eat the worms and crickets with. He will still eat granny smith apples and occassionally some greens if I hold them up for him, but there is no interest in salads anymore really.

He eats supers fairly well, so I have started supplementing him with baby food like squash, sweet potates and green beans in a 5 cc Dropper, which he licks down with gusto. He will eat 20-25 cc's this way, so I know he is still hurgry and loves the food, just not able to eat it now in the raw form.

Again, congrats of raising a healthy dragon to that age.... I will remember who to ask info of in the future

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!