putting snakes together - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-15-2003, 06:49 PM   #1
husky86
putting snakes together

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU CAN PUT A CORNSNAKE AND A PYTHON TOGETHER IN AN ENCLOSURE. BECAUSE I PURCHASED A 150 GAL TANK AND WOULD LIKE TO REDUCE TANK SPACE, BUT IF NOT I WONT. ALREADY HAVE A 40 GAL AND A 30 GAL SET UP FOR BOTH. ANOTHER PROBLEM IS THAT MY CORN IS NOT EATING, I RESCUED HER FROM A SHELTER ON THE 5 OF MAY AND HASNT EATEN SINCE. I'M A LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT, I HAVE THE PROPER SET UP TWO HIDE BOXES, LARGE WATER BOWL, A VINE SO SHE CAN CLIMB AND REPTI-BARK. THE SHELTER SAID I SHOULD GIVE IT A LIVE MOUSE SO SHE COULD EAT, DID THAT ON THE FOLLOWING DAY LIKE THE SHELTER SUGGESTED BUT NO INTEREST FROM THE SNAKE. IF ANYONE COULD HELP I'LL REALLY APPRECIATE IT, THANK YOU.

Old 05-15-2003, 08:01 PM   #2
Seamus Haley
You need to do three things...
  • Take the animals, find someone who knows how to care for them and give those animals to someone who knows at LEAST basic care information that you so very obviously are lacking an understanding of.
  • Go to the library, grab every book on herps that you can, use internet resources (Keep in mind that internet sources should be double checked for accuracy), join your local herp society, find someone who knows these animals and LEARN their basic care before ever... EVER buying another one.

Old 05-15-2003, 08:02 PM   #3
Seamus Haley
And... I can't remember how to count... My three things seem a bit short.

Old 05-17-2003, 06:51 AM   #4
meretseger
Vaguely wondering what kind of python it is... if it's a burmese, saving tank space should be the last thing on your mind. You're now the proud owner of the world's third largest snake*. If it's a ball, you should have made sure you had room for both of them before you rescued it. Not that tough, really, unless you're living in a one room shack. Other than that, I also agree with Seamus.

Erin B.

* arguably, but still pretty darn big

Old 09-01-2003, 10:58 AM   #5
Gijs
Gijs

I sure do not hope that's a burmese python :-(

if it is, take a GOOD look at my site, I own 5 of them ( 3 wild phase, an albino and a green phase ) and believe you me, there great ! but demanding animals...

good luck !

http://members.chello.nl/g.waversveld/index.html

Old 09-13-2003, 03:36 AM   #6
Thalia
I would like to add

basic math says that a 40gal and a 30gal added together equal less space than a 150gal ... or did I get my numbers wrong again?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!