Inquiry Boa Basement - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #1
Boaman17
Boa Basement

Hey all, i'm new here and i'm just starting to get really into snake breeding. I came across doug (Boa Basement) as I am looking to find some nice boas to start breeding. He said he could help me set up a payment plan which is awesome because i don't have all the money yet . Anyway, i tried to find out more about him as anyone would, and all i could find on here was an instance of a breeding trade gone wrong, and a few people here and there said he was a good guy. When i talked to him he was informative, and a very well mannered person. He even offered to help me with my new breeding project in the future, which I thought was awesome! Well i guess anyways what I wanted to ask is if anyone on here has dealt with him, or knows more about him. Just want some general opinions as I couldn't find any, anywhere.

Thanks all.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
Boaman17
Well after further research, i have found multiple popular and positive reviews for Doug, and i have decided to go through with my purchase. Will post pics after i receive my two females in a couple months!

Old 04-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
Ed Clark
I purchased boas from Doug with no problems what so ever.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:22 AM   #4
reptilemike
i did a deal with doug picked up some animals on trade and bought a few one was a supposed 100% het clown female one of his buddies produced for him i was leary at the time doug guaranteed me the genetics and said they were his animals the guy was breeding . finally got her to give me 5 eggs all normals i pd $450 for a $20 normal and fed her for 6 yrs before i got anything. i emailed him on it just for giggles and was told the snakes he had to have from me at the time were a waste of his time so tough. from knowing doug and his ego figure that is what he would say. I am not saying you wont get a quality visual he has some amazing animals !all i am saying is he does not stand by his word be care full buying hets from him! just my experience Thanks Mike Schofield

Old 07-10-2015, 02:48 PM   #5
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilemike View Post
i did a deal with doug picked up some animals on trade and bought a few one was a supposed 100% het clown female one of his buddies produced for him i was leary at the time doug guaranteed me the genetics and said they were his animals the guy was breeding . finally got her to give me 5 eggs all normals i pd $450 for a $20 normal and fed her for 6 yrs before i got anything. i emailed him on it just for giggles and was told the snakes he had to have from me at the time were a waste of his time so tough. from knowing doug and his ego figure that is what he would say. I am not saying you wont get a quality visual he has some amazing animals !all i am saying is he does not stand by his word be care full buying hets from him! just my experience Thanks Mike Schofield
This may be a premature conclusion.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:18 PM   #6
Skinker
I agree with Nickolas, not enough sample size to make that assumption just yet. One of my sayi pairings this year was a het to het and out of 18 eggs I only got 1 homozygous. You are barely below the average odds producing 0 out of 5 visuals with that pair. I'd definitely give them a few more goes before jumping to conclusions.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:19 PM   #7
Big Borg Reptiles
If it was het to het that's only a 25% chance...not getting a visual in 5 eggs is a pretty probable outcome.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:01 PM   #8
sapphira80
Quote:

What was the het clown female bred to?

Old 07-11-2015, 05:11 PM   #9
reptilemike
The female was bred to a visual clown so it is not premature ad least 2 should have been clowns . I did not post to play the debate game with people here I simply posted to warn people to be careful buying hets from him since he does not breed all his own snakes which was the case in our deal and he will not back his genetic guarantee. Doug has amazing visual animals buy far some off the best I am not hear to bash him or argue with people . The simple facts are I gave Doug $450 for a 100% het clown female that he him self did not breed and guaranteed the genetics on since the other guy was breeding some of Doug's snakes for him I raised her bred her to my visual clown finally got 5 eggs that all are normals, I emailed Doug to let him know and see if he would back up his guarantee and he told me the vanilla stuff he got off of me was a waste of his time so no he would not make it rite. Thanks Mike Schofield

Old 07-11-2015, 05:49 PM   #10
sapphira80
Quote:
The female was bred to a visual clown so it is not premature ad least 2 should have been clowns . I did not post to play the debate game with people here I simply posted to warn people to be careful buying hets from him since he does not breed all his own snakes which was the case in our deal and he will not back his genetic guarantee. Doug has amazing visual animals buy far some off the best I am not hear to bash him or argue with people . The simple facts are I gave Doug $450 for a 100% het clown female that he him self did not breed and guaranteed the genetics on since the other guy was breeding some of Doug's snakes for him I raised her bred her to my visual clown finally got 5 eggs that all are normals, I emailed Doug to let him know and see if he would back up his guarantee and he told me the vanilla stuff he got off of me was a waste of his time so no he would not make it rite. Thanks Mike Schofield
I wasn't trying to bash you or argue with you, so if I came off that way, I apologize. I was just asking so you could clarify whether the odds of making a clown were 50% or 25%.

I agree with you that it's highly unlikely she's an actually het clown, since you had five eggs and all were normal.

I also don't think it's right for someone to blow you off when you paid $450 for a snake that's not producing what it was sold as... Regardless of how he feels about the snakes he traded you for, which he evidently wanted at the time. I'd you have an emails, texts, ims, screen grabs, etc., post them here. Most people here just want to help, and they don't want people who rip others off to get away with it. Sometimes questions might sound a little curt, but I don't think they mean it in a mean way.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!