My collection updated - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:32 AM   #1
Jawsofafrog
My collection updated

[url=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/JCTRock/media/IMG_20170425_121529_zpsh7x0pda0.jpg.html][url=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/JCTRock/media/IMG_20170425_122836_zpscraa4h0s.jpg.html]
The first picture is my larger C. cornuta, the rest of the cornuta is my smaller baby that jumped out of his little home. I caught him and took a few pictures after he was put back. He was really interested to leap out again, so you can see him at the rim of his little tub. My Fantasy pacman horned frog is 2-months-old and has turned green and silver today! My C. aurita is a shy little Brazilian horned frog who only eats alone and never tong fed. He/she was raised by the seller in a rack system and left alone with his food. His/her new favorite food is Wax worms. His/her first meal with me after 4 weeks of tong feeding was legless crickets, so feeding Wax worms is good at this point. My other frogs feasted on their first Horn/Tomato worms! The smaller cornuta ate one and the larger cornuta ate 2 fat Horn worms after they were full. The Fantasy feasted happily on his first Horn worms. They were demolishing earthworms in the last 4 weeks.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:34 AM   #2
Jawsofafrog
The other pic I wanted to include.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:38 AM   #3
Jawsofafrog
My smaller cornuta eating his/her first Horn worm:

Old 04-26-2017, 11:44 AM   #4
Dyscophus antongilii
Thanks so much for sharing picture's of your collection. They made my day.

The C. cornuta seem to have grown dramatically in the time time you have had them. How much larger, is the bigger C. cornuta then the smaller? Since, they both look fairly large, in my humble opinion.

Regarding the C. aurita, he/she, is just adorable. I hope he/she becomes less shy over time. More importantly, IMHO, is that your C. aurita is eating, even if it is in "private".

Please keep the updates and photo's coming.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:19 PM   #5
Jawsofafrog
One more of the aurita.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:31 PM   #6
Jawsofafrog
baby frogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyscophus antongilii View Post
Thanks so much for sharing picture's of your collection. They made my day.

The C. cornuta seem to have grown dramatically in the time time you have had them. How much larger, is the bigger C. cornuta then the smaller? Since, they both look fairly large, in my humble opinion.

Regarding the C. aurita, he/she, is just adorable. I hope he/she becomes less shy over time. More importantly, IMHO, is that your C. aurita is eating, even if it is in "private".

Please keep the updates and photo's coming.
I would say at least by 10 mm the larger cornuta dwarfs the smaller corntua. The head is fairly larger in the bigger cornuta than his/her neighbor. Super shy aurita and never ate from tongs. The aurita was offered Horn worms too, it was a no eating time with earthworms or Horn worms.. Pretty much crickets are consumed, I will offer those again since three fat Wax worms were consumed yesterday by my Brazilian pacman.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:28 PM   #7
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsofafrog View Post
I would say at least by 10 mm the larger cornuta dwarfs the smaller corntua.
Wow, the size differential is fairly vast indeed.

Quote:
IThe head is fairly larger in the bigger cornuta than his/her neighbor.
I am sure your smaller specimen will "catch up" to your larger specimen, in no time at all.

Quote:
Super shy aurita and never ate from tongs.
Are C. aurita normally so shy? Or, is it just because this particular one was raised in a tub/rack system?

Quote:
The aurita was offered Horn worms too, it was a no eating time with earthworms or Horn worms.. Pretty much crickets are consumed, I will offer those again since three fat Wax worms were consumed yesterday by my Brazilian pacman.
Well at least your C. aurita is eating something. I am sure in time, he/she, will accept a more varied diet. It is fantastic your C. cornuta are not being "picky eaters".

Old 04-26-2017, 11:37 PM   #8
Jawsofafrog
My aurita is just super shy, other people who keep these told me theirs is not shy and one of them feeds their frogs in a rack system.. probably tong fed. No tongs for this baby.. I hope to change that and tong feed when this frogs grows larger and more confident.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:05 AM   #9
Bart
Your frogs look good, they are growing well. I really like the look of your fantasy. One of my auritas is a bit shy eating but not to the extent you say yours is. I have to drop the worms in front of him all my others take them from the tongs. I move my frogs from their enclosures to small tubs for feeding since the earthworms get coated in substrate otherwise. I'll try to get some updates in the next day or two, some of them have gotten huge.. One aurita is probably over 3in already and 2 of the cornutas are over 2in. If sz is an indication I seem to have a m\f pair of each.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:32 AM   #10
Jawsofafrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
Your frogs look good, they are growing well. I really like the look of your fantasy. One of my auritas is a bit shy eating but not to the extent you say yours is. I have to drop the worms in front of him all my others take them from the tongs. I move my frogs from their enclosures to small tubs for feeding since the earthworms get coated in substrate otherwise. I'll try to get some updates in the next day or two, some of them have gotten huge.. One aurita is probably over 3in already and 2 of the cornutas are over 2in. If sz is an indication I seem to have a m\f pair of each.
Thank you Bart. Your frogs sound BIG!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!